Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

CCM Super Tacks Stick

Stick testing: CCM Super Tacks Stick
Lie: 5.0
Flex: 95
Grip? : Yes
Curve: Crosby PP29

About Me
6' 
225 lbs
32 yr
Play in league normal once a week A level, occasional pickup
Position : Defense

Sticks used recently

True A6.0

Sherwood T120

Nexus 1000

APX 2

Easton HSX

RBZ

First Impressions:

1)    The Stick is Light and seems almost perfect balanced.  

2)    Grip is really grippy so I will use some sandpaper until it more like a velvet grip (warrior). 

3)    I will need to cut the stick down around 4 inches making it 102-104 flex, should be a big deal as I do this with all my sticks

4)    Flex is a bit stiffer than 95 flex True A6.0, but I have also heard the True plays softer like a warrior and CCM plays a bit stiffer than Bauer; but this is also depending on the flex points in each stick.

5)    Extreme nitpicking: Graphics are flashy and bright which is great marketing but for an old school mind like myself I like a very basic design like the nexus 1000

I have a month off in between winter and summer league, but will try to get a few pickup sessions in few summer starts to get the on ice review going.

5f282dd5-2f03-4005-a04f-ac7e41c9d9c6.jpg

e3081e58-829a-494c-942a-85e3bcade961.jpg

Used the stick for the first time on Friday night.  I will compare it to my favourite stick to date the True A6.0

Pop - The Super tacks stick seriously has a lot of pop to it, the puck flies off the blade.  Compared to A6.0 it is on par with it

Feel - The feel of the puck is above average but not great, I caught myself a few times not knowing exactly wear the puck was on the blade and getting off a weak pass or shot.  This could be just be an adjustment period with the stick.

Blade - The blade is stiff which is great, the curve (p29) is different from the True, sherwood P92 clones as it is definitely shorter in length.  This could make the puck feel off for me as stated above.  I probably just need another skate to adjust.

Shaft - The shaft plays true stiff compared to Easton & True brands.  I use a 95 True A6.0 and its my perfect flex, the CCM 95 (102 to where it cut, same as True) plays really stiff so if you are coming from Easton or True go down a flex like an 85 would probably be perfect for me.

Flex Point -  This seems like a continuous flex point like the true stick but due to it being a little stiff for me I can't fully use it to its advantage yet.  In a couple of uses with my weight I am sure it will not be as stiff like all sticks I have used.

Grip was sanded down making it feel like Velvet grip.

Second use of stick impressions:

Played pickup Sunday morning, here are my thoughts:

Pop - Shots flew off the blade again.  Still a A+ rating

Feel - I had a lot better feel this time out, lost track of the puck on my stick only once which I can remember

Blade - Still stiff and responsive

Shaft - Felt like I could get more flex out of this time out, still stiffer than my other 95 flex sticks so a little adjustment there

Overall - Stick is a top of the line stick and I would recommend it to others just drop down in flex (ex: if you use 85, get a 75)

Second use of stick impressions:

After another Pickup (6/12):

Pop - Still great pop, hasn't lost any from the first skate

Feel - Feel gets better with every use, not the best feel I have used but still very good.  not sure anything will match the feel of an SE16 for me

Blade - Still stiff and responsive

Shaft - Adjusted to the stiffer flex now, no issues here anymore

Overall - As stated prior - Stick is a top of the line stick and I would recommend it to others just drop down in flex 

Third and fourth Use: 6-26 & 6-27

Sadly last night (6-27) the blade of the stick cracked down the middle and its completely dead (pictures to come)

I was finally fully used to the flex point of the stick during Sunday and Monday skates.    The Durability of the stick was its only downfall, there was no real traumatic impact to it other than the normal weight I apply while loading to shoot.  I used to brake sticks fairly often when I played forward from people hacking but I rarely play any forward now days and I have had my Sherwood t120 for 1.5 years without any major cracks and my True 6.0 I have had for 4 months now.  Possibly just be a faulty blade on the stick?  

Overall, the performance, balance and all were on Par with other top of the line sticks out there, I just ran into a durability issue on the stick I had.

IMG_0849[1].JPG

IMG_0850[1].JPG

IMG_0848[1].JPG

IMG_0847[1].JPG