Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caps06

Best helmet for a oval shaped head

Looking for a new helmet and I have an oval shaped head, would prefer the helmet look good, be protective as well as be comfortable.  Price range isn't a concern.

12 hours ago, the iceman said:

Your best bet is to go to the store and try them on and find the one that fits you best (and looks the best too- which is secondary).

That's what I think I'm gonna do, thanks!

9 minutes ago, kmfdm86 said:

This could be a good resource before you drive all over the place looking.

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Hockey_Helmets/catpage-HOCKHELMET.html

They tell you whether each helmet is a round or oval fit.

Except that I am not sure if this is accurate, at least for CCM Resistance ("round") and Fitlite ("Oval"). I am pretty sure that Resistance is intermediate oval, and Fitlite is for round heads. I cannot really comment on the others as I am intermediate oval head, and comfortable in a Resistance (but not in Fitlite, which I found to be round).

41 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Except that I am not sure if this is accurate, at least for CCM Resistance ("round") and Fitlite ("Oval"). I am pretty sure that Resistance is intermediate oval, and Fitlite is for round heads. I cannot really comment on the others as I am intermediate oval head, and comfortable in a Resistance (but not in Fitlite, which I found to be round).

52 minutes ago, kmfdm86 said:

This could be a good resource before you drive all over the place looking.

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Hockey_Helmets/catpage-HOCKHELMET.html

They tell you whether each helmet is a round or oval fit.

they said the reakt was round but I found it to fit my head almost perfectly when I tried it on in store today, thanks though.

2 hours ago, Caps06 said:

they said the reakt was round but I found it to fit my head almost perfectly when I tried it on in store today, thanks though.

No worries. I've got kind of a round head and I found the FitLite is a little tight on the sides (not by a lot though)

Glad you found something that works!