Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Theory13

Skate Sharpener Looking for Software to Track Clients; Any Recommendations?

Hi,  deepest apologies if this isn't an appropriate post...  I sharpen skates for hockey players in my area.  I'm starting to have difficulties keeping track of all the skates I'm doing and who's paid me.  Does anyone have any software that they use to keep track of data like this (what profile they are skating on, have they bought a card from me -- and how many times have they used it, what's their email, when do they need their skates back, what are their contact details, history of their sharpenings)?  

An app on my iPhone would be ideal!  Thanks for any advice you might be able to provide!   Cheers!

I don't know of any software, but I'm sure a quick spreadsheet on google docs could solve some of your needs. Probably wouldn't be great if you have a super large volume of sharpens at once, but if you can bother to update the info manually need whenever someone brings a pair by, it would work. Plus google docs has apps for androids and iPhones, to make it nice and handy. 

Might be a stretch but I'm sure it'd work in the interim. 

Thanks Stryker.  I appreciate your post.  
Currently I'm doing a combination of things from keeping a hand written log book, to putting post-its on dollar bills, and sending myself emails with skate descriptions, cuts desired, and return times.  I've been thinking about a google doc spread sheet... but have been fighting it.  LOL  -- thanks for voicing that though... I'll probably give in and go that way soon!

I'll second the spreadsheet idea. Do one sheet per month (can keep multiple sheets in one file) and it's easily searchable. Excel is a lifesaver at my job for tracking metrics and there's plenty of free tutorials out there.

I used to use an Android App on my phone (I don't remember what it was called) specifically for the purpose of keeping track of who owed me money (or if I owed them money because I didn't have correct change) on sharpening skates. I don't remember what it was called but I probably searched on IOU in the Google Play Store. I recall there were several similar apps available. It integrated with the "Contacts" on the phone. The reason I wanted it on my phone was because I don't generally have a pen and paper when someone hands me their skates in the locker room but I usually have my phone.  Having said that, I quit using it for some reason (I think probably because people owing me money was infrequent enough that it wasn't really an issue).

Hi kmfdm86 and AfftonDad,

I'm a low level Excel geek.  I know enough about it, but don't fully use it.  I was fighting going that way....  I guess I'm going to give in and study how to use it better (and on a mobil phone)!!  LOL

I appreciate both of your input.  It's helpful!

Maybe something like Constant Contact?  I don't know at the cost would be but it's similar to salesforce.com and I use that for my sales job.  It's a tremendous tool for Acct management and communication. 

I wish there were something better, but another vote for Google Docs. That's what I use to keep track of the figure skaters I deal with.