Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krisdrum

Straight 3 76mm wheels vs. Hi-Lo 68/72

Looking to do a quick, cheap and dirty conversion.  I wear a Junior size 5 boot, so I have tiny hobbit feet.  Not seeing alot of choices on the used/eBay market.  Seeing a bunch of "old school" junior size 3 wheel Koho FR400/300 chassis that are straight 76mm set-ups at a good pricepoint ($20 shipped).  Could also splurge and pick up some new size small HiLo Vanguards ($90 on clearance from HM).  Wondering just how much of a performance increase I could expect with the newer HiLo chassis vs. the older 3 straight 76mm.  The price difference is big ($80) when you factor in the need for additional wheels in the HiLo.  Especially since I don't plan to spend more than $80 on the boot.

Will the Koho have significantly less grip (even though the larger wheels will have bigger contact patches)?

Will 3 wheels just be too stressed by my weight (175lbs)?

Never mind folks.  After running the numbers and doing some research on what I was looking to do (convert a pair of Grafs I could get cheap), I am going in a different direction.  The numbers and risks just don't add up.

Cross posted with the Conversion thread... anyone have issues/watch-outs to share with someone looking to convert a Graf boot to inline?  I've seen some vague horror stories on this forum and want to make sure I am not spending a lot of money for something that will be useless in a few months.  Thinking of going with Marsblade for chassis if it makes a difference.  Ultimately once you factor in wheels, bearings, etc. the difference between them and a rigid chassis is minimal or even favors their all in one package.