Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 2017-03-22 at 10:33 AM, malcb33 said:

I would love to try it, but I'm not going to throw money at a stick because it's light and has purple graphics. 

Not saying this is anyway your fault  @MrData but seems like a really weird way to market a new stick with no solid information on it. 

Of course! Keep an eye out for an upcoming post about the LT on the BASE Hockey blog.

On 5/10/2016 at 11:45 AM, malcb33 said:

Someone posted these on another forum and since this is the newer Base version of the curve which seems to be most requested, I figured I should post the pics.

base%20kovalev%20curve_zpsd7gwvkk3.jpg

base%20kovalev%20profile_zpssdtcvcb5.jpg

You can see the long standard hosel here. Not sure what the thickness of the hosel is, but it would be great if this mold was modified and could be used for Base tapered blades and OPS (and mirrored to RH of course:cool:)

Wow what curve is this? This is exactly what I've been looking for but RH.. a wedge with a toe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kkancho said:

Is there a base equivalent of Phil Kessel prostock? It looks like a heel curve with an open toe.

Longer E4 with a mid-toe curve added to it. I love that recipe. I'd try his pro stocks but I'm a lefty.

On 2017-04-03 at 4:51 PM, kkancho said:

Wow what curve is this? This is exactly what I've been looking for but RH.. a wedge with a toe.

BC27 Kovalev, my favourite pattern! A very slight heel wedge with a moderately open toe curve. Although I must admit it's pretty close between this and the BC05 Lidstrom.

The BC27 is available in LH or RH, in three different blade flexes (XS, S, R), and as tapered replacement blades or in one-piece sticks.

On 2017-04-04 at 10:26 AM, kkancho said:

Is there a base equivalent of Phil Kessel prostock? It looks like a heel curve with an open toe.

23 hours ago, flip12 said:

Longer E4 with a mid-toe curve added to it. I love that recipe. I'd try his pro stocks but I'm a lefty.

I'd say the closest is the BC71 Malkin, although the Kessel Pro is different.

Edited by MrData

1 minute ago, MrData said:

BC27 Kovalev, my favourite pattern! Although I must admit it's pretty close between this and the BC05 Lidstrom.

The BC27 is available in LH or RH, in three different blade flexes (XS, S, R), and as tapered replacement blades or in one-piece sticks.

I'd say the closest is the BC71 Malkin, although the Kessel Pro is different.

I see why you say that. I have a couple of Malkins (both Eastons) and they seem to be based on the E4 as well. They're not bad, but maybe a bit more pocket than I like. Has there been more chatter about a Kessel Pro with you guys?

10 minutes ago, flip12 said:

I see why you say that. I have a couple of Malkins (both Eastons) and they seem to be based on the E4 as well. They're not bad, but maybe a bit more pocket than I like. Has there been more chatter about a Kessel Pro with you guys?

To be honest, this is the first instance of interest I have seen for that particular pattern. If more people are interested, it's definitely something we can look into (like the Kovalev, the Shanahan, and the Coffey).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BureKovy said:

MrData,

I order the first batch of bc27 blades, it's not labeled but do you know what flex they were?

If they don't have a flex written on them, they're probably equivalent to an Extra Stiff (XS). Our previous blade construction differed between the SuperNatural, Nasty, and Nasty R, but now they all share the same blades (R/S/XS).

6 hours ago, MrData said:

If they don't have a flex written on them, they're probably equivalent to an Extra Stiff (XS). Our previous blade construction differed between the SuperNatural, Nasty, and Nasty R, but now they all share the same blades (R/S/XS).

Ok thank you, i just want to order a few more, ill ask when i call it and see if its on file.  I got a Nasty shaft also with it which was recommended by Stephen coming from the Savoy.  

Just want to make sure I order the right one for me.  It feels good might switching it up could be better even.  Something with more pop.

Edited by BureKovy

So I was looking over the Base curve charts...wow...a little confusing....

I confused by the BC, BM, BH, Bi, BB nomenclature added to the curve #  What does the second letter help identify

I was a little confused by the curves themselves, I was really intrigued by the scooter pattern in right handed but its so hard to compare it to a digital p28 pattern. Does anyone happen to have one they could post side by side to either a p92 or a p28?

15 hours ago, adam14 said:

I was a little confused by the curves themselves, I was really intrigued by the scooter pattern in right handed but its so hard to compare it to a digital p28 pattern. Does anyone happen to have one they could post side by side to either a p92 or a p28?

Yeah it's hard to tell from the pictures on the site unless they have a blog feature with better photos. See if you have a base location near you and ask a rep if you can take a look at.

The hossa pro they have for example... the photos don't do it justice. When you see it in person, the curve is pretty intense.

On 2017-04-06 at 10:04 AM, hawkeyfan said:

So I was looking over the Base curve charts...wow...a little confusing....

I confused by the BC, BM, BH, Bi, BB nomenclature added to the curve #  What does the second letter help identify

I'm not actually sure, but now I'm curious too! I'll find out and let you know. For me though, the second letter doesn't seem to affect anything. It only differentiates two patterns with the same number.

20 hours ago, adam14 said:

Glad you asked!

BC28 Kreps on the left, BC68 Ronning/Scooter on the right

BC28%20vs%20BC68%20curve_zpsqbt8fskv.jpg

BC28%20v%20BC68%20side_zpsnccjhsm9.jpg

4 hours ago, kkancho said:

Yeah it's hard to tell from the pictures on the site unless they have a blog feature with better photos. See if you have a base location near you and ask a rep if you can take a look at.

The hossa pro they have for example... the photos don't do it justice. When you see it in person, the curve is pretty intense.

I have pictures of a number of different curves. I'll see about making them available either on here or the BASE Blog. Here's the BC10 Russell (same curve as Hossa but taller blade):

BC10%20Russell_zpsbdhmhmgu.jpg

BC10%20Russell%20top_zps5fhzmren.jpg

BC10%20v%20BC01%20side_zps3lx77czs.jpg

that's awesome to see.  I might add that taking shots in front of something like a grid background can help provide visuals of scale ratios between blade models.  your photos of the BC10 vs. BC01 really help identify the blade height differences.

I must have one of those quirks where I really like to be able to run things down in certain order(s).  The online page has at the top all of the curves laid out Left and Right and for the most part they run in a specific order and mirror themselves and in the order they are laid out in...but then when you work the description list below...it gets goofy on you AND part of that is where I noticed the 2nd letter designations and trying to jump back up and look  at the above curve shots and back down...the wheels just fall of the car.  There are curves in the description side that are not in the top.

Maybe its me...I also looked at a Blog Photos of Team China in your studio and trying to ID blades in that photo.  I thought these curves are totally different or appear different than the computer model graphic images.

This is very helpful for those of us who do not/ or cannot visit a Base Studio in person.  Me myself am always looking for the curves not readily available via mass market.

Appreciate the pictures, is it safe to say that the scooter pattern is a p28 clone with a different more traditional blade shape? a la p92?

On 2017-04-08 at 0:21 PM, adam14 said:

Appreciate the pictures, is it safe to say that the scooter pattern is a p28 clone with a different more traditional blade shape? a la p92?

Pretty much. If not a clone, it's at least very close.

Hey Mr. Data, 

Can you please post the same type of pictures of the BC 71? 

I am looking to buy a bunch of blades in a P46 type pattern - hoping BC71 is close.

8 hours ago, tickles said:

Hey Mr. Data, 

I am looking to buy a bunch of blades in a P46 type pattern - hoping BC71 is close.

If you go to the BASE Facebook page from around May 2015, I think there are 3 really good pics that actually accurately depict the blade. I used the P71 for a short while. It's a closed toe with very slight rocker (less than P88, which I consider a very small rocker). Rounded toe. Length and height about the same as the P88. 

I liked ripping nasty wristers with it, but it was hard to stick handle with, especially on the concrete like ice that I usually play on, because the blde hardly comes underneath the puck. With the P88/P28 (my curves of choice now), the bottom middle of the blade scoops just a bit, like a very subtle wedge, so that the puck lifts onto the blade a bit when I go from a standstill into motion. With the P71, it is like I am pushing the puck against the gravel-like ice that I play on, and it was super challenging. Thus, I got out of the P71, but I still appreciate it for what it is closed toe/ no rocker- very simple and great at the old school/ old style wrist shot, where you can start the puck from mid toe and just fling the hell out of it at the target.

When I played on good ice (which is rare), I did not notice this difficulty which basically was crippling me at my present venue.

Edited by Cosmic

11 hours ago, tickles said:

Hey Mr. Data, 

BC71%20Malkin%20side_zpsxrmyn8nt.jpg

BC71%20Malkin_zpsfndqm3mh.jpg

BC71%20Malkin%20top_zpsligrdepg.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for your insight Mr. Data and Cosmic. Is the BC71 unruly like the 28's in terms of keeping the puck low on quick release shots? I have used e28 and p14 in an attempt to replace my beloved p46's but I'm a risk to everyones teeth out there. 

3 hours ago, tickles said:

Thanks for your insight Mr. Data and Cosmic. Is the BC71 unruly like the 28's in terms of keeping the puck low on quick release shots? I have used e28 and p14 in an attempt to replace my beloved p46's but I'm a risk to everyones teeth out there. 

Quite the contrary. The BC71 will naturally shoot the puck low, due to how closed it is at the toe. I would say BC71 is more closed than P88 (which to me is perfect loft/"slightly open"). 

And yes, I struggle with keeping the shots low with the 28 as well. If I can pull it back, cup the puck, and then push the shot through, I am good. But, coming across the front of the net and just trying to quick snap a shot, I find I will either get a weak shot off the heel or a high shot off the toe. The BC71 is nice in this regard, because you can unleash and know that no matter where on the blade you make contact, the shot will be low-. You may just pull the puck a bit if you connect at the toe.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2017 at 2:59 PM, MrData said:

I'm not actually sure, but now I'm curious too! I'll find out and let you know. For me though, the second letter doesn't seem to affect anything. It only differentiates two patterns with the same number.

Glad you asked!

BC28 Kreps on the left, BC68 Ronning/Scooter on the right

BC28%20vs%20BC68%20curve_zpsqbt8fskv.jpg

BC28%20v%20BC68%20side_zpsnccjhsm9.jpg

I have pictures of a number of different curves. I'll see about making them available either on here or the BASE Blog. Here's the BC10 Russell (same curve as Hossa but taller blade):

BC10%20Russell_zpsbdhmhmgu.jpg

BC10%20Russell%20top_zps5fhzmren.jpg

BC10%20v%20BC01%20side_zps3lx77czs.jpg

Hi MrData,

do you mind posting a side view of the BC28/BC68 curves?

which one cups the puck better for toe drags?
do you notice a difference in how the rocker affects your shots?

im debating on trying one of these curves for my BASE LT.

i currently using the BC88 and im looking for something to help me go top cheese when im up close.

thanks in advance.

Edited by Riceonice
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Riceonice said:

Hi MrData,

do you mind posting a side view of the BC28/BC68 curves?

which one cups the puck better for toe drags?
do you notice a difference in how the rocker affects your shots?

im debating on trying one of these curves for my BASE LT.

i currently using the BC88 and im looking for something to help me go top cheese when im up close.

thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I can't speak to the BC68, since I haven't used it. However, the profile is very similar to a BC92 (Backstrom). Personally, I don't feel the need to use a BC68 over a BC28 Kreps because I like the profile of the Kreps curve. The rocker at the toe helps me take drag-and-shoot snapshots. However, some people don't like the tapered, rockered toe, so I can see why they choose the BC68. There is a picture of both patterns side to side in the post you quoted - second from the top. Both are quite open, so you shouldn't have any trouble elevating the puck in close if your shooting mechanics favour toe shots.