Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Hey mr data I'm thinking about Getting some bc71 blades, but the last base I had was the savoy and I did not care for the ceramic pingy feel. Are these replacement blades a different construction?

16 minutes ago, kyleo29 said:

Hey mr data I'm thinking about Getting some bc71 blades, but the last base I had was the savoy and I did not care for the ceramic pingy feel. Are these replacement blades a different construction?

Yup! All our blades (tapered replacement blades and OPS) in every blade flex are a new construction. The Stiff is closest to the Savoy blade, so if you didn't like it, I would give the Extra Stiff a shot. I have several OPS and replacement blades in Extra Stiff (XS) and I love them.

1 hour ago, MrData said:

Hi there,

I can't speak to the BC68, since I haven't used it. However, the profile is very similar to a BC92 (Backstrom). Personally, I don't feel the need to use a BC68 over a BC28 Kreps because I like the profile of the Kreps curve. The rocker at the toe helps me take drag-and-shoot snapshots. However, some people don't like the tapered, rockered toe, so I can see why they choose the BC68. There is a picture of both patterns side to side in the post you quoted - second from the top. Both are quite open, so you shouldn't have any trouble elevating the puck in close if your shooting mechanics favour toe shots.

thanks for the feedback! im not a fan of the backstrom curve, thanks for pointing that out :) ill give the BC28 a try once i order the newer version of the BASE LT (after they make any adjustments) drew said approx a months time. so excited!

Hey MrData,

Can I buy the BC71 one at a time or do I need to order a couple?

I happened to get my hands on one and love the curve. It's very much like the old Warrior Gionta.

Also do all the blades come with that sand paper coating or can I order it without it?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Asian Tomatoe said:

Hey MrData,

I happened to get my hands on one and love the curve. It's very much like the old Warrior Gionta.

Also do all the blades come with that sand paper coating or can I order it without it?

Thanks

The ordering system on their site allows you to order one blade if that's what you're looking for. You can also choose the blade finish. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Asian Tomatoe said:

Hey MrData,

Thanks

There's no minimum order, but if you know you'll be using more than one, ordering multiple at a time saves on shipping. If you don't like Sharkskin, there's also a Clear (gloss) option. Otherwise, you can email Drew and ask him to put the "Naked" blade finish on your order, which is a matte blade.

5 hours ago, vinprun71 said:

The ordering system on their site allows you to order one blade if that's what you're looking for. You can also choose the blade finish. Hope this helps.

Correct! Thanks for helping out!

• Like 1

On 2017-05-11 at 11:55 AM, Cavs019 said:

Does base offer a RH clone of the Warrior Pavelski/Wiz W12?

Not at present, but it's always a possibility if there's enough interest. Closest patterns would be BH23 Drury or BC05 Lidstrom.

19 hours ago, LilSchro said:

Is there a curve similiar to 88 on a lower lie?

Right now we only offer the BC88 in lie 5.5. Closest equivalents in lie 5 or lower might be the BM09 Zetterberg/Stamkos or the BM12 Iginla in lie 5 or 4. BC71 Malkin is like the BC88 in lie 5.25, but with a bit more toe and slightly more closed. If you wanna go with a deeper mid, you can try the BC77 Coffey in Lie 5.

Was just trying to order a couple of blades online and the form kept trying to make me pick a shaft finish before I could confirm the order. There isn't an option for N/A and nothing that I can click on to get past it.

If there's a comments box as part of the order, maybe just pick any old shaft finish and then write that you just picked a shaft finish because it was a required option, but that it obviously should be disregarded, as you're not ordering any shafts.

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Tried that, after about a dozen rings it went to voicemail.

Never ordered from Base, but they don't sound like they have an order center like the Big warehouse outlets...maybe someone was having a "thumper dumper" moment?

It would be great if Base would offer either junior blades that are longer in length or design the junior pro shaft to accept senior sized blades.  I talk to a lot of women of short stature, and they like the length and flex of junior sticks but feel that the blades are too short.  They would prefer a more "senior-sized" blade.   There are few options for people stuck in the no-person's land between intermediate and junior sticks.

3 hours ago, qmechanic said:

It would be great if Base would offer either junior blades that are longer in length or design the junior pro shaft to accept senior sized blades.  I talk to a lot of women of short stature, and they like the length and flex of junior sticks but feel that the blades are too short.  They would prefer a more "senior-sized" blade.   There are few options for people stuck in the no-person's land between intermediate and junior sticks.

If you're looking for a really whippy stick that accepts senior blades, we offer intermediate shafts in 45 or 55 flex!

On 2017-05-24 at 9:09 AM, chippa13 said:

Was just trying to order a couple of blades online and the form kept trying to make me pick a shaft finish before I could confirm the order. There isn't an option for N/A and nothing that I can click on to get past it.

Yeah we're having some issues with the current order form, but the good news is that we're upgrading our website and we should have a better ordering system soon. For now, I recommend you email your order. I'll message you some contact info.

14 hours ago, MrData said:

If you're looking for a really whippy stick that accepts senior blades, we offer intermediate shafts in 45 or 55 flex!

Unfortunately, I (and other short people) would have to cut ~ 5-6 inches off an intermediate shaft.  Cutting off that much messes up the flex point.  Sticks have engineered flex points and are not designed to have such a drastic reduction in length.  Other people in this forum have posted about trying a 45 flex intermediate Base stick and said they didn't like it.

On 2017-05-26 at 11:09 AM, qmechanic said:

Unfortunately, I (and other short people) would have to cut ~ 5-6 inches off an intermediate shaft.  Cutting off that much messes up the flex point.  Sticks have engineered flex points and are not designed to have such a drastic reduction in length.  Other people in this forum have posted about trying a 45 flex intermediate Base stick and said they didn't like it.

Hmm that is indeed a particular situation. I'll bring it up with Ron the next time I speak to him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrData said:

Hmm that is indeed a particular situation. I'll bring it up with Ron the next time I speak to him.

If Base comes up with a solution that works for me, I'm happy to advertise it to my friends.  ;-)

On 5/30/2017 at 11:58 AM, MrData said:

I can agree, I'm in the same boat. 5' 6" and I prefer my stick at shoulder height but junior is too short while I prefer a senior sized blade and I have to cut about 2-3 inches off an intermediate stick. It would be definitely interesting to know what kind of options would be available. I found it interesting you have a sizing called Junior Pro but I assumed that's with junior sized blade.

Edited by LilSchro

23 hours ago, LilSchro said:

I can agree, I'm in the same boat. 5' 6" and I prefer my stick at shoulder height but junior is too short while I prefer a senior sized blade and I have to cut about 2-3 inches off an intermediate stick. It would be definitely interesting to know what kind of options would be available. I found it interesting you have a sizing called Junior Pro but I assumed that's with junior sized blade.

Yes, I have a Base Junior Pro stick.  The Junior Pro sticks come with junior sized blades only.

any chance of getting a crosby prostock made up? I like the idea of a lower lie stick with no loft and a bit of toe. 

For reference I currently have the bc14 and bc27 in a nasty r. The bc14 is my fav curve at the moment but i find the lie to be a little high for my skating position. 

Of course if you offered the bc14 in a 4.5lie i would probably buy as many as i could carry