Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

They're very different:

_09 pattern

curve: heel

lie: 5

toe: round

length: average/short

height: roughly consistent from heel to toe

_10 pattern

curve: mid-toe

lie: 6

toe: square

length: long

height: shorter at the heel and taller at the toe

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

As I recall, there is also very little rocker on the Shanahan compared to the PM9.

Indeed, the PM9 has an underrated smooth rocker. I love that pattern. If only it were curved like the Iginla or hybridized with that curve, but kept the same in blade face and lie, that would be perfection for me.

Here's a pic of the blade shape for reference:

13173702_10208283576441555_2790084146121

I'm 90% sure that our samples are lie 6.

Edited by MrData
  • Like 2

On 5/12/2016 at 11:15 PM, MrData said:

Okay so I talked to Ron Kunisaki, the president of BASE Hockey, and he's willing to make two moulds of the carbon P10 Shanahan (one left-handed and one right-handed) if we have enough people who are serious about ordering. These would be our premium moulds, which are built to last, so the curve would be made available to the public for any future orders as well.

I'd be all over the Shanahan if it was the newer type. Especially with that square toe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flip12 said:

The Malkin pro is incredibly close to the Gionta. You should try that.

Although it looks similar, it plays quite differently due to the lack of toe rocker and lower lie on the Malkin pro. 

Edited by malcb33

3 hours ago, malcb33 said:

Although it looks similar, it plays quite differently due to the lack of toe rocker and lower lie on the Malkin pro. 

I have never seen (much less played with) the old Gionta curve, but I found the lack of toe rocker on the BC71 to be a deal breaker. 

I take a lot of wrist/snap shots, off of the toe.  Using a BC10, (or any curve with sufficient toe rocker) when I cup the puck on the toe prior to shooting, a good portion of the blade is in contact with the ice.  With the BC71, I had less blade contact, so if the puck wasn't in perfect position, I would shank the shot.  With my shooting style, curves with toe rocker are more user friendly and forgiving, particularly during games. 

The BC71 is great at skate & shoot when I have all day to set up my shots, but I don't have the hands/skills to be able to use it as successfully during a game.  

12 hours ago, malcb33 said:

Good to hear. I have a couple Malkin Eastons, so I was going off of that. I haven't compared the Warrior Gionta to the Base Malkin. The Easton Malkin to Warrior Gionta differences are more slight: the lie and rocker shapes are almost exactly the same, the Malkin curve is bit more pronounced instead of smoothed out across a larger area and the blade is a bit taller as well as a bit longer. Otherwise, they're pretty readily interchangeable.

Any idea when we will have information on this development? (I am infinitely more interested in this "classic closed mid toe" curve than the new Shanahan- a heel that is low in height makes catching fluttering passes impossible; and where I play, all passes flutter):

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-15%20at%209.59.1

Edited by Cosmic

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

Any idea when we will have information on this development? (I am infinitely more interested in this "classic closed mid toe" curve than the new Shanahan- a heel that is low in height makes catching fluttering passes impossible; and where I play, all passes flutter):

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-15%20at%209.59.1

The "classic closed mid-toe" I was referring to is the new Shanahan. I think the heel on our sample isn't as short as the Kane Pro I posted, but the curve is essentially the same.

Wow, just came across this, and feeling a HUGE sense of relief and excitement. Finally, a p10 clone, or something close with a 6+ lie. As a base customer, sign me up, I'm buying more sticks. And yes, should absolutely give it a pro Kane/Giroux name, because that's exactly what they're using (yet you can't find these anywhere.....yet). Do it Base!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrData said:

The "classic closed mid-toe" I was referring to is the new Shanahan. I think the heel on our sample isn't as short as the Kane Pro I posted, but the curve is essentially the same.

YES! Perfect!

Big long paddle, tall from heel to toe, closed/neutral face, low rocker, squarish (oblong) toe. Let me know when ready to order....

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, sickwilly said:

+1 for Coffey. I've been looking for some tapered blades with this pattern for quite a while.

+2 for Coffey - I always wanted to try this pattern as well since having gotten back into hockey. However, right as I was getting back into it, this style of curve (closed, mid?) seems to have fallen out of favor. I also like the idea of a tall paddle, as the ice where I play is always chewed up beyond what seems fathomable (thus passes are always skipping).

Edited by Cosmic

On May 13, 2016 at 3:20 PM, MrData said:

Here's a pic of the blade shape for reference:

13173702_10208283576441555_2790084146121

I'm 90% sure that our samples are lie 6.

That curve is a site for sore eyes. Love it..

Our Shanahan blade will be an Easton clone, square toe, lie 6 in left and right. It will be available in .520 tapered blade or OPS. 3 blade flex options will also be available for this. Ordering information is located in the original post. Keep posting requests... new possibilities in the future.

• Like 4

UPDATE: We should be receiving our Shanahan sample blade tomorrow, at which time it will be digitized and we'll start producing the moulds. The first orders should be delivered in around 6 weeks!

• Like 1

I have been practically jumping thru hoops to get my hands on this blade pattern.  It still blows my mind that Bauer doesn't offer the actual curve that two of the most dynamic players prefer to use everyday.  It's been extremely frustrating not to be able to just get a stick with the curve I grew up using.  Here are a few more pics that I have which I have not seen posted.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY3Zm

Edited by renbag8
2nd attempt to upload pics
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, renbag8 said:

I have been practically jumping thru hoops to get my hands on this blade pattern.  It still blows my mind that Bauer doesn't offer the actual curve that two of the most dynamic players prefer to use everyday.  It's been extremely frustrating not to be able to just get a stick with the curve I grew up using.  Here are a few more pics that I have which I have not seen posted.

...it looks like my pics didn't upload correctly.  I'll give it another go from a computer not my phone.

Well it's on the way, we're taking orders now.

Just posted the new Shanahan/P10/Pro Kane/Pro Giroux in my other thread. Just a heads up for old timers, the old Coffey pattern is in the works. Feedback definitely influences future patterns. The Shanahan project is a prime example of that!