Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kmfdm86

Tackimac Attack Pads

Anyone use these? I haven't seen anyone else in our league use them, but damn.

I played my first game with them today. We lost, but the lack of drag on the bottom of the blade from no tape combined with the grippiness of them had me firing lighting fast pin point passes and some damn good shots.

No goals, but I'm the worst guy on the team. :p Lol. great product! Tore up a little more than I expected, but nothing that would effect it's usefulness.

I used to use Bladetape, which I think is pretty much the same thing. But for some reason I just decided to go back to regular tape.

Yeah, the things are fairly pricey by comparison, but unless they start shredding after two or three games I can't think of any reason to go back to regular tape.

I used blade tape too. Went back to regular tape. 

If you dont want to use tape to cover the bottom part of the blade.. i was using two horizontal strips of tape across the blade. 

I use the 2 horizontal strips for roller, my tape seems to get cut a lot playing D so I just prefer regular tape.

your supposed to replace those Bladetape/Attack pads every so often but I just left them on my stick.

I just tape like I normally would for ice, then wax and then use a knife to remove the bottom strip of tape. That way I still get good grip, but don't have to deal with the drag of tape on sport court (I hate the feel of a fully taped stick on sport court, but others seem to have no issues using a fully taped stick).

I did try an attack pad type thing once, but it felt a little thick for my personal tastes; so I went right back to taping and then cutting off the bottom strip after a game or two.

They get pretty torn up looking, but they work great and the grip you get is awesome. I have yet to have one die on me before the blade goes. On the other hand, they are just heavy enough to make the stick feel a little blade heavy, so I waffle between them and tape. I am also a big fan of their grips too. I think my palms hold up way better vs a taped end.

Agree about the grips I use them on all my stick and they last longer than the stick, never need to change them.

Yup, I even reuse the grips  after a stick dies. Every now and then I get one that gets stretched out and wont stay put, but I have a couple that are on their third stick and are going strong.