Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tonguesOUT4life

Hey guys I'm in a very SHADY situation pls help !

Last Friday I decided to go out to this game of pick up hockey that had been held every spring/summer for the past 5 years with a group of guys that I've known forever. As soon as I walked in I relized that my friends have moved their Friday night pick up game to another arena. I didn't feel like driving out to that rink where they are playing because I was already late so I decided to stay around and ask the guys who were about to get on the ice if I could skate with them, they were having a pick up game as well.  The guy who runs the skate came out of the dressing room and welcomed me. As soon as I got on the ice for warm ups I relized that another player who was wearing a white Jersy as I was had a go pro camera attached to his helmet, recording everytbing warmup ups, every shift that he took and he was my linemate for the day. I wasn't expecting to be recorded, I wasn't even given a heads up, but when I relized the game was being recorded I thought "why not?, better for me , I could show my coaches my trainers and a few other important people that I'm staying active and getting on the ice frequently and that I'm driven and focused. I spoke to the guy who was recording the game after we were finished in the dressing room and I told him that as long as I could obtain the video to show my people i don't mind it and that I could use the help and I honestly didn't get too touchy touchy and ended the conversation right there and went home. 

The guy recording the game was just another player who was working for the guy who runs the skate, he records then sends it to the guy who runs the skate and puts the videos on his website to promote his "Friday night hockey" skate. It's the kind of website where you sign up and u get assigned to either the white or dark team and so on.. 

So so the next day I contacted the guy who runs the skate about the videos and he refused to give me any information about the guy who has the go pro and he got very very anal , very rude refused to give me info says he has no contact with that person that he doesn't know him outside of hockey and so on and he kept pressing me for private information , and when I refused to give him private info his tone changed please don't come to the game any more. I told him that I don't give shit bout him or his game that I just wanted the videos that I was in because I have my rights and the fact that he didn't give me a heads up before we got on the ice I could have got him into legal trouble but that's not what I want to do and I still dont. It's not a classy thing and that's not something a hockey player would do but this guy was BULLYING me , pressing me for private info. 

All i want is the videos I have my reasons why I need them.. 

What at should I do ?

So you joined a random group of people after asking them to play... and you think they have to tell you they are going to record it with a GoPro? You are in public people can record you all they want.

Maybe your "friends" switched rinks and never told you for a reason.

wouldn't the videos be posted on the "Friday night hockey" site?  can't you just get them from there?  theres conversion sites and software that can pull the video down form youtube and save it on your machine. 

...oh, wait, were you NOT supposed to be there?  playing hooky to play hockey? 

on the other hand, if you went to a club and the DJ was killing it on the 1s and 2s do you think he'd give you a copy of his session, because you were there to hear it, and wanted to play it for your friends?   thinking he'd say " have you friends come down and hear me spin. i get paid by how many people i bring in the door, not how many people listen to me on the way to work" 

not trying to be a d!ck about it, but i don't think you have a leg to stand on here.

4 hours ago, Hills said:

So you joined a random group of people after asking them to play... and you think they have to tell you they are going to record it with a GoPro? You are in public people can record you all they want.

This reminds me. Hillsy I cannot believe you recorded me in that SJ video with your GoPro without passing around consent forms. I am gonna get a fat stack of cash off that lawsuit. 

1 minute ago, Stewie said:

This reminds me. Hillsy I cannot believe you recorded me in that SJ video with your GoPro without passing around consent forms. I am gonna get a fat stack of cash off that lawsuit. 

What cash? CAD is monopoly money right now  

1 minute ago, Haggerty said:

What cash? CAD is monopoly money right now  

Good point. I'll accept payment in the form of Maple Syrup. 

Let's see, he is mad that a guy he had never met before Friday night was refusing to give information to him about a guy who has been established at the skate? Why do I get the feeling there is a thread on some other board by the guy who runs the skate with the exact same title?

The only thing shady about the situation is a hockey player claiming to be bullied. Bazinga.

But seriously, there's no leg to stand on.  You dropped in on someone else's private skate from what I gather.

Guys wearing Go pro seems to be fairly common at pick up games these days. A goalie at one of my weekly pick ups wears one. Never thought to ask him for a copy of the video though. He usually edits the video to cherry pick his good saves and posts them on YouTube. I seem to make it on to his video quite often... yes I make goalies look good.

The other day I was walking past a cash machine.. I think it picked me up on camera but the damn bank won't give me the tape.  I was so pissed that I ran a light and then got recorded again... damn!!  I tried to get that video back but was rebuffed by the county clerk who laughed right in my face.  I was then so upset that I went to the supermarket to buy some ice cream so I could eat away my troubles and dang nab it they were recording me in the store!!!!  That was it!!!  I spoke to the manager and insisted he give me that tape too because I don't want those pro scouts that are considering signing me to contract to see me eating ice cream!!!  No luck there either.  God its like I'm getting recorded by everyone these days!  FML.

Dudes .. All I want is a copy of the video for myself I don't care where they put it what they do with it .. I was in it and I want to watch it. Isn't that how players get better by addressing the weak points of their game ? Yeah I went to some one else's pick up game, those of you who love hockey and every part of hockey even off ice where u get to meet new people and make new friends wouldn't take the game for granted and that's me. Yeah I was being bullied , off the ice , when u go somewhere with respect, speak with respect , you deserve to be spoken to with respect. If he doesn't wanna give me a copy or a link to the video or whatever, he can tell me nicely, not with a rude tone.  YEAH I WENT TONGUES OUT ALWAYS DID ALWAYS WILL, AND I CANT GIVE FART ABOUT ANY CHIRPS OR WHAT ANYONE THINKS ABOUT HOW I CHOOSE TO WEAR MY SKATES. 

11 hours ago, Hills said:

Lol yeah they did switch for a reason .. Only if you knew why.. I'm sure u would be on the floor laughing. 

11 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

I also must have missed the part where you were bullied. A disagreement isn't bullying. Jesus Christ.

Can people disagree with respect instead of yelling swearing ?? 

11 hours ago, Haggerty said:

Oh man, this made my day.  Thanks for sharing. 

I'm glad to make your day hold your sarcasm in untill you see me on the ice and Relize that I can't play for shit. Once u see me making a fool of myself on the ice then you can make a public EMBARESSMENT out me bro I'm okay with it .

Seriously, there's no real need to send me private messages trying to "clarify". 

Also there's no need to get so butthurt about the replies you're getting. Your post was pretty ridiculous so you should have expected some ribbing. You at one point seemed to seriously believe you were entitled to a copy of the guys video, but then wouldn't give out the info to make that happen. The only problem I'm seeing here is you.

16 hours ago, GloriousLeader said:

Guys wearing Go pro seems to be fairly common at pick up games these days. A goalie at one of my weekly pick ups wears one. Never thought to ask him for a copy of the video though. He usually edits the video to cherry pick his good saves and posts them on YouTube. I seem to make it on to his video quite often... yes I make goalies look good.

yeah, there's a lot of "tape" out on the youtube these days... looking to you @OptimusReim and the reddit version of you @Hills   :laugh: