Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kclark87

Warrior Curve Help

Im going to order a QR1 this week and wanted to get some input from you all on what curve I should get. I play center and only do wrists and snapshots. Right now Ive been switching between the P88 and P45 curves. I like the P88 for passing and stick handling but I think I need something a little more open so I was leaning towards the W03. I like the P45 more but the W01 is a short blade, Ive never used one so not sure how much the will affect my game. The W71 looks pretty awesome but not sure how much that would hurt my face offs and passing.

Any suggestions? 

The W88 Zetterberg is a clone of the P88. I know Warrior has the W16 Karlsson now that is similar to the P45 but I don't think it was introduced by the time the QR1 line came out. 

1 hour ago, steelnation248 said:

The W88 Zetterberg is a clone of the P88. I know Warrior has the W16 Karlsson now that is similar to the P45 but I don't think it was introduced by the time the QR1 line came out. 

Ya the W16 is only available on the QR1 SE, that thing is nuts. Im trying to move away from the P88/W88 as its just too closed. 

Is the W14 or W01 a P14 clone? Seems like the P14 is what Im lookin for.

1 hour ago, kclark87 said:

Ya the W16 is only available on the QR1 SE, that thing is nuts. Im trying to move away from the P88/W88 as its just too closed. 

Is the W14 or W01 a P14 clone? Seems like the P14 is what Im lookin for.

W14 = P14

I have not played either of the two.  But I do play the p88  and have studied many curves.  Of those 2 the w28  is the curve I would try.  The w71  is really open and the blade is very straight until after the mid point and then it's really open.

I typically play Left D, with some center/RW.  The p92  goes high for me, but more importantly I don't get as much oomph...

Good luck in your quest.

3 minutes ago, hawkeyfan said:

I have not played either of the two.  But I do play the p88  and have studied many curves.  Of those 2 the w28  is the curve I would try.  The w71  is really open and the blade is very straight until after the mid point and then it's really open.

I typically play Left D, with some center/RW.  The p92  goes high for me, but more importantly I don't get as much oomph...

Good luck in your quest.

Thanks for the input! P92 seems like it would be much more than I need. I wish Warrior didnt discontinue the W14. I really like that curve.

14 hours ago, kclark87 said:

Thanks for the input! P92 seems like it would be much more than I need. I wish Warrior didnt discontinue the W14. I really like that curve.

w14 is the Chara curve and it should be available on QR1 sticks.  How about hte W12 Pavelski/Wiznewski

I find it funny when the OEMs state that said curve does not sell well, but its only available in the top of the line sticks.  Right there your limiting people from trying it as why would someone unload BIG $$$ on a curve they have no idea if they like???

Thats what I like about 2pc sticks.

45 minutes ago, hawkeyfan said:

w14 is the Chara curve and it should be available on QR1 sticks.  How about hte W12 Pavelski/Wiznewski

I find it funny when the OEMs state that said curve does not sell well, but its only available in the top of the line sticks.  Right there your limiting people from trying it as why would someone unload BIG $$$ on a curve they have no idea if they like???

Thats what I like about 2pc sticks.

I like the W14 but Im not sure Id like the short blade, otherwise that would be like an ideal curve. Sadly cant really find it any where with a flex under 100.

I picked up a P14 blade in a great spring sale and when I got it...it looks different than the W14 or the other P14 I've seen.  we will work with it though

5 hours ago, kclark87 said:

Hows the stick handling and passing on the W12? 

Depends on your hands more than anything else. No curve will do the work for you.

Ive played with a P88, P14 and P28. I played with them for a few month each.

The P14 is a great curve..almost feels like a p88 with a twisted open toe. Its less severe then the P28. 

Personally i found it quite easy to switch back and forth between the P88 and P14. However i ultimately ended up back using a P88 only.