Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tonguesOUT4life

Minor miniscus tear timeline ?

Howdy,

I wasn't skating at the time, but I tore mine maybe ten years ago.  Took probably 4 to 6 months before the pain stopped?

No particular treatment.  Doc said that there wasn't enough blood flow to the area for them to sew it up and have it heal.  I'd scheduled arthroscopic surgery to have it cleaned up, but it stopped bothering me before the date and I postponed it.

Today it bothers me some if I'm on my feet a lot, but skating actually doesn't seem to affect it at all.

Mark

It is all dependant on what type of tear. If the tear in on the inner side oh the horseshoe of the menicus then it will not heal as stated above there is not any blood flow to allow it to heal. You have two options with this. Have the tear removed or just live with it. If you have it removed you will heal in 4-6 weeks but it allows more grinding of cartilage and potential for arthritis later in life. You can leave it (as I did) and it has been pretty good but does flair up at times. 

If it is on the outer edge of the menicus you could potentially heal but their is limited blood flow so healing is slow.

a note stay away from running as the pounding of running is very hard on the menicus were skating is more of a side to side motion.

5 hours ago, Sid said:

It is all dependant on what type of tear. If the tear in on the inner side oh the horseshoe of the menicus then it will not heal as stated above there is not any blood flow to allow it to heal. You have two options with this. Have the tear removed or just live with it. If you have it removed you will heal in 4-6 weeks but it allows more grinding of cartilage and potential for arthritis later in life. You can leave it (as I did) and it has been pretty good but does flair up at times. 

If it is on the outer edge of the menicus you could potentially heal but their is limited blood flow so healing is slow.

a note stay away from running as the pounding of running is very hard on the menicus were skating is more of a side to side motion.

Yeah it's the off ice training all that sprinting and running that caused the ligament to tear.. 

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:34 AM, tonguesOUT4life said:

Yeah it's the off ice training all that sprinting and running that caused the ligament to tear.. 

Cartilage, not ligament.