Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HockeyMania1

Skates for flat feet & extra bone below the ankle

2 hours ago, HockeyMania1 said:

For feet that fit outside the norm, you are going to struggle to find a comfortable boot unless you go the custom route with VH. You may find some success with Easton Makos (if you can find them in your size for sale) as they are very heat moldable but you will need to start with the at least the M7 or M8 and possibly get them punched for your extra bones.

Given the boot you indicated, spending top dollar for skates like VH may not be an option for you. In that case, at the very least, you need to get to a store and try boots on to find the one that is the most comfortable fit, add superfeet to help your flat feet and get the boot punched out for your extra bone.

2 minutes ago, Vet88 said:

For feet that fit outside the norm, you are going to struggle to find a comfortable boot unless you go the custom route with VH. You may find some success with Easton Makos (if you can find them in your size for sale) as they are very heat moldable but you will need to start with the at least the M7 or M8 and possibly get them punched for your extra bones.

Given the boot you indicated, spending top dollar for skates like VH may not be an option for you. In that case, at the very least, you need to get to a store and try boots on to find the one that is the most comfortable fit, add superfeet to help your flat feet and get the boot punched out for your extra bone.

The problem is that im living in israel and we have not stores of ice hockey equipment like usa , canada etc. so i have no place to go and try different models. My only option is to order in the internet, so i should find good model. About the Easton mako, i didnt find one in my size or my width. 

The "extra bone below your ankle" is probably what's known as Accessory Navicular. If you search "navicular" on this board you'll come up with people's solutions. 

Depending on on how bad yours is, what most people do is buy a skate that fits their foot, then have that are around the bone "punched out" by a local shop. But, it sounds like you probably don't have that option.

People have posted specific step by step insteuctions on here how to heat and punch your own skates. 

All that hat being said, I had success with Reeboks and CCM CLs fitting my accessory navicular with no additional punching, while still fitting the rest of my foot. 

1 hour ago, start_today said:

The "extra bone below your ankle" is probably what's known as Accessory Navicular. If you search "navicular" on this board you'll come up with people's solutions. 

Depending on on how bad yours is, what most people do is buy a skate that fits their foot, then have that are around the bone "punched out" by a local shop. But, it sounds like you probably don't have that option.

People have posted specific step by step insteuctions on here how to heat and punch your own skates. 

All that hat being said, I had success with Reeboks and CCM CLs fitting my accessory navicular with no additional punching, while still fitting the rest of my foot. 

Thanks for giving the exact name of this issue. can u suggest me a model that is good for my accessory navicular which should be availaible at the internet? And what do u know about GRAF skates ?(i read some people say that graf skate is good for flat wide feet).

From my experiences, reebok and ccm u+ series, fit my wide and flat feet the best. But you can use bauer supreme too with some tweak on the footbed. On my one80, im using a flat footbed (from old training shoe) and add 3mm heel lift on it. 

I found that superfeet or graf's footbed hurts my arch a lot. So im using the same flat footbed on graf too. 

8 hours ago, jazz4all said:

From my experiences, reebok and ccm u+ series, fit my wide and flat feet the best. But you can use bauer supreme too with some tweak on the footbed. On my one80, im using a flat footbed (from old training shoe) and add 3mm heel lift on it. 

I found that superfeet or graf's footbed hurts my arch a lot. So im using the same flat footbed on graf too. 

I didnt find availbaible models like the ones u have. Any way, do u think this one could be good for me? : http://www.monkeysports.eu/hockey/hockey-skates/senior-6-0-up/ccm-ribcor-44k-le-white-pump-sr-hockey-skates

Im not sure about ccm ribcor, never tried it. Although its the same model as the late reebok. Better search more bout this skates. I know its troublesome to live in a country with no hockey shop around. :(

Vh skates is an excellent option because they are custom made off your feet measurements. 

Costwise they hey will be as much as any top end skate.  I have wide feet. When I say wide I mean they are 4E wide. They're probably 5E because I always stretch the 4 E sneaker. 

With th that said RBZ wide fit me well but were not deep enough for me.  I wear Jr. Skates and the Jr skates are shallower. The Sr. Size may not have that issue. 

On 5/22/2016 at 2:34 PM, HockeyMania1 said:

whatever you end up with, TRY THEM ON.  make sure if you order on line they have a GREAT return policy.  get a skate that FITS and is within your price range. 

as far as flat feet... do you have custom orthotics for you're everyday shoes?  cuz you should.  and if you do, get an insert for your skates too.   i have orthotics in my dailies, and went with superfoot yellows for my arch.  i took me a few skates for it to feel right, but my feet don't KILL after each game

4 minutes ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

whatever you end up with, TRY THEM ON.  make sure if you order on line they have a GREAT return policy.  get a skate that FITS and is within your price range. 

as far as flat feet... do you have custom orthotics for you're everyday shoes?  cuz you should.  and if you do, get an insert for your skates too.   i have orthotics in my dailies, and went with superfoot yellows for my arch.  i took me a few skates for it to feel right, but my feet don't KILL after each game

Basically i dont use custom orthotics for everyday shoes because the shoes dont make me any kind of pain because they are soft , the problem with the skates is that they are hard so there is heigher friction.

5 minutes ago, HockeyMania1 said:

Basically i dont use custom orthotics for everyday shoes because the shoes dont make me any kind of pain because they are soft , the problem with the skates is that they are hard so there is heigher friction.

ah, ok.  got it    CCM makes an insert too.  if you're looking into ribcor or the CCM line, pickup a set of low inserts.

you still may want to look into orthotics, its a b!tch getting old.   

1 hour ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

ah, ok.  got it    CCM makes an insert too.  if you're looking into ribcor or the CCM line, pickup a set of low inserts.

you still may want to look into orthotics, its a b!tch getting old.   

Yes im planning to do orthotics soon.

and i think i wont take the ribcor coz i have got an indication that that is too narrow. do u know if ccm jetspeed is pretty wide?

14 hours ago, HockeyMania1 said:

Yes im planning to do orthotics soon.

and i think i wont take the ribcor coz i have got an indication that that is too narrow. do u know if ccm jetspeed is pretty wide?

looks like Jetspeed is more of an hourglass shape.  like i'm sure others her will say, try on everything in your price range no matter the brand

ccmskatefitchart-2015.jpg

I'd actually say the Easton Makos, recommended earlier, might not be a good fit for you.  While most of the boot is completely head moldable, the arch area is not.  Its really high/steep, and takes a while to get used too.  I have low-ish arches and had to use Superfeet Yellows to take some of the angle off of the built-in arch of the boot.  

-Jim

I fear that the ccm tacks in the Ee wide will be too wide for me. I want that my leg will be "lock" good and stable into the skate. Maybe Ribcor EE width  will fit to me better then the Tacks Ee width? What do u think? an in addition , someone has a table or something which i could check the actual width of my leg and compare it to the skates?