Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

Brown stripped of the 'C'

http://www.tsn.ca/brown-told-he-s-no-longer-kings-captain-1.496802

I'm kind of surprised by this. I always liked "that type" for captaincy. I've never agreed with simply handing it to the best player on the team. Leadership over skill, in my opinion. 

So... the question is, who are they giving it to? Kopitar? Doughty? 

I'd have to guess Kopitar, the dude leads by example and never loses his cool like Doughty can. I wouldn't say I'm surprised at the move after missing the playoffs and then a quick first round exit. 

Im a big fan of Dustin Brown but Im not really surprised. His play has been on the decline the last few years. And maybe the locker room isnt responding to him anymore with how up and down they have been the past few seasons. I think they will probably give it to Kopitar.

I've never been a big fan of his game, one of the dirtiest players in the league for a long time. I think your captain should be the guy you want your team to emulate in style of play, in personality and professionalism. 

2 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

He'll be traded to make room for Lucic.

His contract  and declining output will make that difficult. 

On May 28, 2016 at 5:29 PM, noodle3872 said:

He'll be traded to make room for Lucic.

Immediately thought the same when I read the story. His contract will make that hard. Chiarelli loves guys like Brown and we all know Chiarelli never met a bad contract he didn't like.

Joking aside, that wouldn't be a horrible move for Edmonton.

I think Brown or Gab will def be traded this offseason. Gaborik is def on the decline and cant stay on the ice to save his life. They might keep Brown another year like San Jose keeps doin with Thornton.

On 5/30/2016 at 10:24 AM, stick9 said:

Immediately thought the same when I read the story. His contract will make that hard. Chiarelli loves guys like Brown and we all know Chiarelli never met a bad contract he didn't like.

Joking aside, that wouldn't be a horrible move for Edmonton.

Based on yesterday's comments from Lucic and Lombardi, it sounds like Lucic will be the guy who lands in Edmonton since LA will not be signing him prior to July 1.