Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulhonda

EASTON GX Stick

Ok, back on point. I am curious as to how long Bauer will continue to offer 4/5 lines of sticks. At some point point you start cannibalizing your own product.

Interested in reading some of the feedback on the stick. 

finally got to use my GX.  I got it at a discount over the labor day sales, making the cost on par with other top line sticks.  85flex e4 curve grip. Here are my thoughts after one game:  First the shaft is smaller than the HTX much more similar to the vapor 1x.  The weave pattern on the shaft and blade look very similar to that on bauer sticks (making one wonder if the stick is not just a bauer stick with easton graphics).  There is more of a tapor than the HTX and it loads easier.  The grip is less than on the HTX, but still quite usable. The stick is and defintely feels lighter than the HTX.  Stick handling and passing was not a problem.  I was able to catch passes without a problem.  The stick does have a  slight pingy feel to it when you shoot and there is some vibration, but it shoots well.  

I have always been an Easton fan.  Loved the old ST.  I would rate the HTX a little better at this point, but I will have to see if that changes with more use.

I wish I could get one of these on the cheap. I'm probably going to get either the 650 or 750 since they are more in my price range. I am also a big fan of the Synergy HTX so I was hoping this line would be a good upgrade.

18 hours ago, jeffg said:

finally got to use my GX.  I got it at a discount over the labor day sales, making the cost on par with other top line sticks.  85flex e4 curve grip. Here are my thoughts after one game:  First the shaft is smaller than the HTX much more similar to the vapor 1x.  The weave pattern on the shaft and blade look very similar to that on bauer sticks (making one wonder if the stick is not just a bauer stick with easton graphics).  There is more of a tapor than the HTX and it loads easier.  The grip is less than on the HTX, but still quite usable. The stick is and defintely feels lighter than the HTX.  Stick handling and passing was not a problem.  I was able to catch passes without a problem.  The stick does have a  slight pingy feel to it when you shoot and there is some vibration, but it shoots well.  

I have always been an Easton fan.  Loved the old ST.  I would rate the HTX a little better at this point, but I will have to see if that changes with more use.

Used mien a couple times so far. Also have a QRL and True 6.0. First couple shots I took with the GX I HATED. Dead feel, nothing special at all. Not sure what it was at first, but the stick started to feel a bit better as the night went on. But I grabbed my QRL after warmups for a couple shots just to see if there was a comparison, and the QRL just felt so much livelier and better.

The GX did not work for me. Feels super dead and bottom heavy with the puck. I have enjoyed previous Easton sticks but this GX makes me not surprised this very well might be the last Easton stick.