Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stljrs

Jr to Intermediate - Cutting the new stick

Hi folks,

Curious if you need to account for a slightly longer blade when cutting a stick moving up from Jr to Intermediate.  The blade should be a bit longer on the intermediate right?  So if I stand the stick up and cut where we have been for Jr, won't the longer blade throw off the playing length a bit, or is it not enough to worry about?  Son is 5'2" 115 and wants to get a 55 flex Warrior.  He's probably right at the border of jr/intermediate, cutting nothing off Jr or having to cut a few inches off the intermediate.  Uses Warrior now and one of the online stores had a sale so I picked one up.  I don't think he needs it yet but couldn't pass up the price.

Thanks.

Jay

If the blade is longer and I wanted comparable stick length, then I would measure the shaft from the heel of the stick. However, if he's switching from junior to intermediate because he's growing, then he probably needs to cut his stick longer anyway, right?

some JR sticks are 55" in length to bridge the gap to the 57/59 that the intermediate offers.  if you work it correctly, you really shouldn't have to cut anything off

i know the older but still available  reebok 20k JR are

I probably overthought it.  After cutting, the new stick is about 2.5 inches longer than the old without accounting for the blade length.  He used it with no issues and even scored a goal on a nice wrister first time out with it.  He is really going to be spoiled with the QR1.  The intermediate QR1 is longer yet lighter than his junior QR3 and you can tell it's better balanced when you pick it up.