Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stewie

Sniper skin- anyone used this?

I tried both the blade and butt end versions and gave up on both after several games.  I liked the idea of a more protective option for the blade and grabbed the butt end on a whim.  I immediately didn't like the butt end as I found it slick and it added more bulk to the butt end than I liked.  I continued to use it on and off for 4 or 5 games but I couldn't get comfortable with it.  

And I liked the blade even less.  I hoped it would be more protective than typical tape and it was, but because it leaves the toe open it didn't protect the part of the blade I destroy the most.  I also didn't like the puck feel and felt there was less spin on my shots and passes.  

I'd try the blade version again if it had more grip and covered the toe because it was more protective.  I wouldn't try the butt end version again.

I think for this product to be successful it needs to provide and added performance benefit over regular cloth tape. I get that it's probably more waterproof but it needs texture or something to provide added spin and control. Otherwise regular tape wins out of ease of use and availability.    

2 hours ago, malcb33 said:

I think for this product to be successful it needs to provide and added performance benefit over regular cloth tape. I get that it's probably more waterproof but it needs texture or something to provide added spin and control. Otherwise regular tape wins out of ease of use and availability.    

I agree. I didn't even give the blade skin a 2nd look. I have been using Renfrew friction tape for years so it would be tough for me to switch at this point Unless it was back to regular black or white cloth.

i tried the grip about a month ago and i wasn't a fan. I don't twirl my stick or anything, i actually prefer it perfectly flat with no knob at all, i've been using grip tape up until recently (got new gloves didn't want to wreck palms with tape).  the problem is the material itself is quite slick and provides no innate texture or gripiness, especially for someone who just came from grip tape.

i cut it off after 1 practice and switched to a buttendz. i dont like the knobs but the texture was significantly better.