Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GQRDY

Battling ropes

Looks brutal eh! I've seen so many elite athletes using these when they post videos and always wanted to try them myself it also looks like there are a lot of different ways to use them. I'm getting a program done and they have some in the gym. I'll try and get some different workouts/ ways to use them from my trainer and post them here... we can smoke our shoulders/arms/core together haha. 

looks kind of fun too though, I was just adding it in as extra while one of my hockey session is off during the summer.

the way I always see them used is half squatting with and using alternate arms.

Depending on the size and length they can be exhausting.  During my warm-up at my trainer, I used to basically do 25 circles out and 25 in and 25 body slams, number increased as I got better at them.  Never did the one arm alternating-thing.  It's more of a practical strength exercise if you ask me.

I recently used battle ropes for a month to keep my cardio up while I was in a walking boot and let me tell you, a 30 min workout with those things will kick your a$$ if you do it right!

I found several good YouTube videos and iPhone apps to help me get my workouts done. the interesting thing was that when I finally got back in the gym I noticed that I could lift more weight as well which was not something that I was expecting.

HIIT with battle ropes is a killer work out. Start with alternate single arms for arms then throw in double arms for shoulders and back. If your gym has weight sled, alternate with battle ropes and weight sled... and you die :tongue:

I tried them after my weights and HIIT cardio so couldn't really go to long but it was tough.

my gym doesn't have a weighted sled :( wish they would get one.