Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrBrownstone

New 2016 Mission NLS1 skates

Once I decided to go with Mission for my new skates, I was on the fence whether to go in now on the current DS line or wait for the impending upgrade.  I finally found some information on the new NLS line, and although the tech upgrades sound nice, the aesthetics leave a lot to be desired, at least IMO:

mission-inhaler-nls1-roller-hockey-skate

I loved the AC line design, and like the DS, but something about this new boot doesn't do it for me.  Thoughts?

Not in love with the look of the skate by any means and I feel like Tour did the whole 'quilted' liner thing years ago, but that chassis sure does look nice. 

I've got the full 2016 catalogue for the new mission range.

PM me if you'd like me go send it to you.

Personally I think these skates will be mega light and stiff with curv but I don't like the tendon guards.

Those new revision wheels are annoying as well because they're set up to have the option of grip on one side and speed on the other.

Will be great at first but will suck come time for rotation.

40 minutes ago, Wicked3Aussie said:

Personally I think these skates will be mega light and stiff with curv but I don't like the tendon guards.

PM sent - Thanks!

I kinda like the look, reminds me of the Axiom line, with the black and silver, also these with some Konnix wheels would look pretty good!!  

Either way, new skates or discounted DS1 sounds good. 

anything about pants or gloves yet?

5 hours ago, Wicked3Aussie said:

big ups to this guy he sent the catalogue weeks ago after the site told him to not post it....why is the site not updated since 2014 for new Mission and Bauer catalogues and Alkali in 2015?

These skates look like they were originally designed in the 90s. Wheels seem gimmicky to me as well 

14 hours ago, jmiro said:

When these due to hit retail?

Usually in the fall.

I would say I can't wait to hear back from guys at Narch finals about their first impression with the new line of Mission stuff but from the sounds of it I don't even think Mission has a booth set up.

I am thinking they will have one at east coast finals in July since PRO is all playing then.... I think the only ? is how long will they stick around after pro is over.....the last day is July 24th but mission and others have been known to pack up after pro when some divisions haven't started yet or its the first day of pool paly and booths have been taken down it kind of puts a sour taste in peoples mouths ( mostly Parents and young kids) I understand the retailers point that you can see them at state wars or 2hot4ice but everyone can't afford to travel to all 3 every year.

Max Out Sports has them listed for pre sale at $999 converts to $742.79 so I would say $750...since Bauer bough Mission the Price of there flagship skate has not went up from $649.99 and with the new frame and curv and the 37.5 tec. that's not a bad price.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:45 PM, the_game said:

Usually in the fall.

I would say I can't wait to hear back from guys at Narch finals about their first impression with the new line of Mission stuff but from the sounds of it I don't even think Mission has a booth set up.

On June 15, 2016 at 4:47 PM, reds16 said:

anything about pants or gloves yet?

big ups to this guy he sent the catalogue weeks ago after the site told him to not post it....why is the site not updated since 2014 for new Mission and Bauer catalogues and Alkali in 2015?

Because said companies didn't send it to me.

7 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Because said companies didn't send it to me.

My apology

It was my understanding that they were given to authorized dealers and reviewers upon request

On 6/17/2016 at 2:45 PM, the_game said:

Usually in the fall.

Mission/Bauer and NARCh have had a hostile relationship for a few years now. I highly doubt you will see them at any NARCh tournaments any time soon.

These look disgusting. Especially  when on a rock next to a Bauer 1x. I've had missions a lot during my 20+ years of inline but I don't understand why there isn't a 1s inline skate. The mission skates look crap. The last generation and the AC1 generation look a lot better. I cant see what the new skate brings. No injection eyelets or any of the standout stuff from the Bauer range.

Doesn't take a genius to work out why I see half my league rolling around in Alkali skates these days.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:24 AM, kovalchuk71 said:

Mission/Bauer and NARCh have had a hostile relationship for a few years now. I highly doubt you will see them at any NARCh tournaments any time soon.

What's the deal with that?  The Mission brand is looking grim they don't have the nex-gen team in the pama pro this year...no team (nex-gen) or booth that I know of at 2hot4ice....I would not be shocked if after next years inline vapor line we see a nexus or a supreme roller line.

32 minutes ago, reds16 said:

What's the deal with that?  The Mission brand is looking grim they don't have the nex-gen team in the pama pro this year...no team (nex-gen) or booth that I know of at 2hot4ice....I would not be shocked if after next years inline vapor line we see a nexus or a supreme roller line.

They're not going anywhere. Mission Dominates the Roller Industry. They don't need to advertise their product in booths. People know who they are.

2 hours ago, kovalchuk71 said:

They're not going anywhere. Mission Dominates the Roller Industry. They don't need to advertise their product in booths. People know who they are.

This is all true and I do agree with you about not needing to come to events...the only reason I think this is because they haven't placed a team anywhere this year (teams for narch pro not out yet) its about 1,000 to enter Bauer would have to approve them spending that kind of money and your not going to go to the team and ask them to put up the money when teams like pama, rpd and mudcats all getting company's to pay for the fee's again who doesn't want to win 20,000 when you are playing with the best players in the world.

2 hours ago, reds16 said:

This is all true and I do agree with you about not needing to come to events...the only reason I think this is because they haven't placed a team anywhere this year (teams for narch pro not out yet) its about 1,000 to enter Bauer would have to approve them spending that kind of money and your not going to go to the team and ask them to put up the money when teams like pama, rpd and mudcats all getting company's to pay for the fee's again who doesn't want to win 20,000 when you are playing with the best players in the world.

You want my opinion? Mission already has PLENTY of Pro Teams in all of the tournament circuits, including probably the #1 team in the world (Mission Black Ice). Not to mention The Mission Snipers, Mission/Bauer Bordercats, etc.  Just because they don't have a "Team Mission" doesn't mean they aren't there. 

My theory on why they have a "Bauer" branded team is because Bauer isn't where they want to be in the roller world right now (They really arent), so having a team dedicated to Bauer gets them more publicity on the rink.

On June 26, 2016 at 2:18 PM, kovalchuk71 said:

Your statement is flawed.  Is should read "Mission used to Dominate".  Bauer is by far the leader in skate sales.  Based on information I have seen, Mission is either 3rd or 4th in skates sales.  Btw, I am not bashing anyone, as I have no horse in this race.

18 minutes ago, Justin 1933 said:

Your statement is flawed.  Is should read "Mission used to Dominate".  Bauer is by far the leader in skate sales.  Based on information I have seen, Mission is either 3rd or 4th in skates sales.  Btw, I am not bashing anyone, as I have no horse in this race.

Really?? My apologies, then. That's very interesting. Maybe it is just different in my region. 8/10 roller hockey skates around the rink here are Mission. I know that in the shop I work at, we can't sell the Vapor Roller Hockey Skates, while the DS skate lines flies off the shelf.

22 hours ago, kovalchuk71 said:

You want my opinion? Mission already has PLENTY of Pro Teams in all of the tournament circuits, including probably the #1 team in the world (Mission Black Ice). Not to mention The Mission Snipers, Mission/Bauer Bordercats, etc.  Just because they don't have a "Team Mission" doesn't mean they aren't there. 

My theory on why they have a "Bauer" branded team is because Bauer isn't where they want to be in the roller world right now (They really arent), so having a team dedicated to Bauer gets them more publicity on the rink.

Mission has QUALITY over quantity when it comes to programs they get involved with in my opinion they don't need to give jersey's and pants to every team that emails asking for a sponsor but I still think that Bauer (Performance Sports) is looking at the money spent (like all company's are) and asking the why, what, where, and who and how can we cut to save money to buy some other company that's doing well, do you think that because Thompson,  Arcibal, Schiavo, or Karft (sorry had to put a local boy in) put on mission/bauer gear it makes people run to the pro shop and buy it? I just think times have changed, Yoder you to run and play at my rink so it was packed with tour gear and people bought it up but that was a special circumstance when he was biggest name in the game most rinks don't have a guy of that caliber where they play. no disrespect intended just my view of the rink.

Here I would say Bauer is the most seen.  Then mission. I see more alkalis than ccm.  Very few guys rocking tours.

Interesting discussion,  I am lucky enough play in Colorado Springs, with CJ Yoder running the Youth Program.   He is amazing with the kids, let me just say that, and we are so lucky to have him here, but I would say we have a very equal distribution of products.  In the junior ranks, you see it all,  but I would say Mission DS and AC lines would be the most represented, with some Tour, Bauer, Alkali, and very limited numbers of CCM.  

We get to see great deal of tournaments and PIHA Professional games here as well and the numbers are reversed,  alot of high end Tours, and Mission pretty equally, and lately a lot of the Bauer 1XR and some Alkali RPD Max.   Really disappointing to see so few CCM skates are being used at this level, products look good on the shelf, but no experience here.  

Strangely enough, and this could be a product of what the kids can afford, but I see much more conversation with my own 12 year old about wheels, than skates.  Kids absolutely pay attention to what CJ and the other pros use with Labeda being the absolute dominate provider.  During the PIHA finals this year, when Suffolk came to town, no one said much about the Bauer 1XR that many were using, but the sick  orange and neon yellow Labeda wheels were creating much buzz. 

dude the nls1 pants look like a something your uncle Jimmy has on when you show up early for thanksgiving dinner and he didn't shower yet.

The gloves look like left over stock from 2 years ago that they added white to.