Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjpisat

Speed plate sizing for ccm quick!

On June 25, 2016 at 9:20 AM, mjpisat said:

Size 6 jetspeed what size speed plate?  My jetspeed's  were baked one time do I bake them again when baking the speed plate?

Same size Jetspeeds. Size 7 speedplates. I would bake the speedplates separately.

Can't comment on size as I'm not in Jetspeeds. But as for baking them, if your skates are already baked and you like the fit then no need to bake your skates with the speed plates. You can if you want but not necessary. I originally baked my Supremes with Superfeet, got the speed plates afterwards and baked separately. Still fit perfect.

This is only my opinion from having used both, and only based on yellow superfeet (haven't tried the carbon hockey) - superfeet seems to be more of your "typical" insole (of course suited for skates). It has more cushion but is pretty lacking in arch support. The heel section does have hard plastic support which supposedly is meant to keep your stance forward. Overall, superfeet is definitely more comfortable of the tworld. At least to me they were.

The speed plates are hard plastic and don't have any cushioning support at all. To me they feel like extension of the skates and are meant to help the inside of your skate boots form fit to your feet. The arch support is great and the skates feel really snug and no movements inside the boots at all. I do feel the lack of cushions on long skates. The bottom of my feet start to get sore at the end of two hour shinies...

Food for thought....... Everything depends on the thickness of any insole. Going from yellow superfeet to speedplates would change the height at which the points of your feet sit. IE; Ankle bones and heel. Minutely for some insoles, but going super feet to speedplates I would say it is an easy 1/4 inch difference. IMHO, whenever changing insoles, unless they are close to the exact same thickness, full rebake is called for.

I'd say 1/4" difference in thickness between SF and SP is a bit of a stretch...

I'd say more like 1/32" or even 1/64". Anyways, it depends on personal experience I suppose. My two cents, I didn't need to rebake the skates. And I remember the first game I wore SP, I scored a hat trick. Coincidence? Probably.