Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

7 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

Interesting color scheme on the Team USA gloves. Almost like they're copying Canada's red and black.

That's the same basic color scheme they've been wearing in at least the last two olympics - blue with red accents.

21 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

My personal preference is for this thread to be about new equipment sightings and not about what players switched brands.

Maybe you should create a new thread called "2016-2017 *new* gear sightings". :wink:

43 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

My personal preference is for this thread to be about new equipment sightings and not about what players switched brands.

Well "technically" those are new QRL gloves (I think) ;)

But I see where you're going with this

Maybe we could have a new thread that is about players switching brands? 

12 hours ago, shooter27 said:

That's the same basic color scheme they've been wearing in at least the last two olympics - blue with red accents.

Oh is that blue? Looks black on my monitor.

On 9/8/2016 at 3:54 PM, flip12 said:

The look on Parise's face under the weight of the Big Buff lean: priceless.

I thought that too.  Is Parise ditching his Easton Twig in favor of CCM?

On 9/9/2016 at 8:45 AM, chippa13 said:

I agree 100%. Now how about that Wayne Gretzky wearing CCM yesterday?

former-edmonton-oiler-wayne-gretzky-skat

4 hours ago, EBondo said:

Really digging the look of the new 1N. Also amazed Toews isn't using his NXG's anymore haha

jonathan-toews-of-team-canada-skates-wit

Agree. The new 1N is a real Beaut

2 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

Finally a nice shot of the 2016 1N. Really digging that they did away with the chrome (or made it more muted).

If anything I'd say there's more chrome. The whole outer portion of the Bauer and Nexus logo is chromed out. Really pops on TV. But not in a bad way I think.

2 minutes ago, EBondo said:

If anything I'd say there's more chrome. The whole outer portion of the Bauer and Nexus logo is chromed out. Really pops on TV. But not in a bad way I think.

It's a good looking stick.  For years I always dreaded that the guy in graphics was going to pull out the bottle of white out again.  Nice to see a clean graphic without some white on it somewhere just ruining it.  

19 minutes ago, EBondo said:

I mean compared to the leaked stick from a few months ago. It just looks more muted. Could just be the lighting though.

19 hours ago, icewalker_bg said:

Im amazed his stick is so short.

That's how it's always been.

Looks like an odd blade for the Gretz though.