Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

Do you know what Radius of the Blade Kane is using? know he in 9/16 hollow. Like his shape on his blade ^^. Awful looking holder, wondering why hes changing from Tuuk LS2

4 hours ago, SolidR said:

Do you know what Radius of the Blade Kane is using? know he in 9/16 hollow. Like his shape on his blade ^^. Awful looking holder, wondering why hes changing from Tuuk LS2

He may have an endorsement deal with Step.  He has used their steel for quite some time now.  They were laser-etching his name onto them.

4 hours ago, steelnation248 said:

Unique color layout on Parenteau's mitts.

KGtOBDz.jpg

Sheriff Lou would have sent him to the minors for even trying that 

10 minutes ago, the iceman said:

closeup-of-dustin-byfuglien-of-the-winni

I saw him playing other day in more of a less garish color scheme VH. Just dark blue, black and white I think, looked pretty nice. I think he wore the clown shoes only for WCOH.

On 2016/10/23 at 11:16 AM, the_game said:

6okkco.png

I'm intrigued.

Step and VH Footwear making this holder together.
He told me that they call this "bench changing holder". According to his saying, this holder can be replaced runners by 45sec.

Also I had known that Step has been making their original quick changeable holder though, honestly I was disappointed. I can't find out enough difference to Graf's holder. Also this bench changing holder seems hard to replace it by myself only. Maybe need someone's help.

20 hours ago, steelnation248 said:

Unique color layout on Parenteau's mitts.

Very similar to an old eagle design that I used to love back in the day, pretty common on the x70/CP94 (note: I'm not a Bertuzzi fan...)

todd-bertuzzi.jpg

7 hours ago, Mimizk said:

Step and VH Footwear making this holder together.
He told me that they call this "bench changing holder". According to his saying, this holder can be replaced runners by 45sec.

Also I had known that Step has been making their original quick changeable holder though, honestly I was disappointed. I can't find out enough difference to Graf's holder. Also this bench changing holder seems hard to replace it by myself only. Maybe need someone's help.

Looks like it has a nut in the rear post like Graf. I have changed runners on my Graf skates while on the bench without help and without taking the skates off, but it took me probably over a minute to do it. Perhaps the holder  Kane wears has a button in the back, not a nut. In that case, 4 seconds is feasible. Another advantage taken by VH from Bauer.  Now, when you order VH you do not have to choose between Step steel option and ability to change runners in seconds. That said, VH could have just offer the same holders as Verbero and Tron. But, hey, they want their own holders, more power to them.

P.S. - I guess Kane is on the hook with Bauer to wear their skates, but holder is not covered by the agreement.

5 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

Looks like it has a nut in the rear post like Graf. I have changed runners on my Graf skates while on the bench without help and without taking the skates off, but it took me probably over a minute to do it. Perhaps the holder  Kane wears has a button in the back, not a nut. In that case, 4 seconds is feasible. Another advantage taken by VH from Bauer.  Now, when you order VH you do not have to choose between Step steel option and ability to change runners in seconds. That said, VH could have just offer the same holders as Verbero and Tron. But, hey, they want their own holders, more power to them.

P.S. - I guess Kane is on the hook with Bauer to wear their skates, but holder is not covered by the agreement.

It seems not button, but also ordinary nut.

VGQLiaj.jpg

5 minutes ago, Mimizk said:

No. Yesterday I emailed to Step and replied man gave me some pics.

Then it still can be a button. It would be something like a shaft with a spring and a nylock nut to load the spring . You push down on the nut with a pointy object like a phillips screwdriver. If it is just a nut, I have a problem with that because   not only you would have to fiddle with the nut like in Graf holder, but you also would need a thin-wall socket wrench to do so. It also would take way more than 4 seconds that they claim to change the runner. I would bet, it is a button contraption that we see in the rear post.    

I can't judge that it is nut or button.
But also I'm happy if it has good ability to change runner very quickly. And I'm also feeling that if it is almost same as Graf, probably no need to make a new holder.

At least now, I had expected that Step's new holder would be similar to LSE or Quikblade so I disappointed.
But if it is better compared to I'm thinking, there is a possiblity to try it.

Prior to the edge holder, did anyone besides pro-EQMs and helicopter dads who think they are EQMs worry about changing steel taking 2 minutes instead of 7? 

What percent of hockey players even bring extra steel to the bench, and out of those, how many ever need it? This whole quick change runner seems like a solution just dying to have a problem to solve. 

3 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

Then it still can be a button. It would be something like a shaft with a spring and a nylock nut to load the spring . You push down on the nut with a pointy object like a phillips screwdriver. If it is just a nut, I have a problem with that because   not only you would have to fiddle with the nut like in Graf holder, but you also would need a thin-wall socket wrench to do so. It also would take way more than 4 seconds that they claim to change the runner. I would bet, it is a button contraption that we see in the rear post.    

It's a screw.