Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

I apologize for not really adding anything to this topic right off the bat, but looking at the first picture above, and thinking back to last season in general, it seems like a lot of pros preferred the Bauer Supreme NXG glove to the MX3 by a WIDE margin.  Wonder why that is.  Then again, I feel pretty strongly that the retail NXG blew the retail MX3 out of the water.

2 hours ago, Troubadour said:

Both Matthews and Dubois look like they use some curves compared to many of their counter parts.

Dubois was using Nick Foligno's stick in those pics

2 hours ago, Burning Bear said:

I apologize for not really adding anything to this topic right off the bat, but looking at the first picture above, and thinking back to last season in general, it seems like a lot of pros preferred the Bauer Supreme NXG glove to the MX3 by a WIDE margin.  Wonder why that is.  Then again, I feel pretty strongly that the retail NXG blew the retail MX3 out of the water.

It might be similar to when the players went from APX to APX2; just a matter of the players getting used to the new style and using up the old stock. I'm pretty sure for pro players, the manufacturers can make any of their gloves fit like another if the pro is really deadset on the specs. I doubt the retail differences of the NXG and MX3 have anything to do with it either.

31 minutes ago, OldCY said:

Dubois was using Nick Foligno's stick in those pics

I somehow fucked up my sentence and omitted a crucial word.

I updated it, but it was supposed to say they use some "modest" curves comparatively to the crazy curves we see a lot of younger guys with.

Those are ridiculously awesome jerseys. I love the great wall on them. Riga does a great job with a design like that as well.

I really like the Maple Leaf detail on the shoulders. I like the White jersey better because of the red stripes. But I still think they are too reliant on black.

Not a fan of the lizard skin pattern on the shoulder yokes, otherwise pretty sweet. As much as I hate Team Canada, I have always loved that logo. I can never understand why they never seem to use it for the big tourneys (Olympics/World Cup). I also agree with Hills, the white jerseys are particularly nice.

1 minute ago, cmflynn said:

Not a fan of the lizard skin pattern on the shoulder yokes, otherwise pretty sweet. As much as I hate Team Canada, I have always loved that logo. I can never understand why they never seem to use it for the big tourneys (Olympics/World Cup). I also agree with Hills, the white jerseys are particularly nice.

They aren't allowed to use it in the olympics.

I like them. Will look even better when they add the gold accents.

24 minutes ago, cmflynn said:

Really, why is that? I know they wore them in 02 and 06.

IOC rules. You can't wear your federation's logo as a crest, or even a secondary patch. This applies to all sports.

They enacted it before Vancouver 2010 (I think actually before Beijing 2008) which is why Canada wore their Hockey Canada logo on the inside of the jersey. 

57a24803911601_06475731.jpeg

57a248144de9e3_81337846.jpeg

Kovalchuk in QRL gloves with his classic Nike-Quest-esque palms and the Toewsian latest Bauer Napor Pro skates.

Also from the same photo series: Datsyuk in Bauer gloves (not just in practice!) and Shirokov in Nexus Curv boots (can't see them well enough through the fog to say which model they are exactly); Shiro has tried all the latest and greatest skates, APX, APX2, VH, JetSpeed, Super Tacks (he was in a blacked out prototype pair already last December I think it was), and now these. That guy is just never happy.

On 8/3/2016 at 1:59 PM, JGraz15 said:

Crosby wearing a new CCM from their Twittr page. Edited for better pic

IMG_6375.PNG

With that arch on the heel they look a lot like a Bauer Supreme boot. New Ribcors?

How does it work with Winnipeg wearing a logo that is (I assume) owned by the Arizona franchise?

And, if this logo is available to them, why isn't it their main uniform? I assume NHL fans would have lost their collective mind had they re-launched with those classic jerseys and they would have sold really well. 

14 minutes ago, start_today said:

How does it work with Winnipeg wearing a logo that is (I assume) owned by the Arizona franchise?

And, if this logo is available to them, why isn't it their main uniform? I assume NHL fans would have lost their collective mind had they re-launched with those classic jerseys and they would have sold really well. 

I think they got the rights to the new logo at the end of last year.

I heard they were fighting hard to make the current logo the "New Jets" and were doing their best to not feature the older logos on anything, including trying to not show fans in the stands wearing the old logo.