Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

Warrior Custom Curves (Smyth, Gionta, Selanne Pro, etc.)

Does anyone know where we can find official (as in, recently published by Warrior specific to this program) pics of these curves?

Vanek

Smyth

Gionta

Robitaille

Zetterberg Pro

Slovak

Selanne Pro

Pacioretty Pro

Apologize if this is posted somewhere else and I missed it. I cannot seem to find a recent post from Warrior or here, with pics.

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

Vanek

Smyth

Gionta

Robitaille

These all previously existed at retail so someone should have one laying around to photo. Robitaille was a bit obscure and pretty short lived, but was comparable to Iginla/P71/E9 if memory serves. 

does anyone know what textures:

Corner
Checker
Diamond
Chain Link
Pigskin
Barber Pole
None
and what finish these are
Clear
Velvet
Grip
Matte
Pro Grip

Velvet has been around for a while, it's what I used on my custom Widows. It almost feels like a gritty, powder covering. It's not sticky at all, but it also isn't slippery. 

6 minutes ago, Chadd said:

Velvet has been around for a while, it's what I used on my custom Widows. It almost feels like a gritty, powder covering. It's not sticky at all, but it also isn't slippery. 

I loved the widow stick.  Do you know if the qr performance is a mid level stick or high end

I have no idea. I really haven't had the time to stay up on things over the last 9-10 months.

28 minutes ago, Chadd said:

I think the grip on the original AK27 retail sticks was Velvet, for reference. If you've felt a Raven stick, it's like that. 

3 minutes ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

I think the grip on the original AK27 retail sticks was Velvet, for reference. If you've felt a Raven stick, it's like that. 

I think you might be right. I had some of the old commander shafts, never tried the AK27.

Also interested to learn what Stick Texture means (Chain Link, Barber Pole, etc.). Hopefully Warrior will make a video like they did for gloves back in the day, so we can see the different offerings. A little more polish in the video would seem to be necessary to get through all the different possibilities:

Could be the grip pattern? Chainlink could be similar to the old Nipple Grip and Barber pole for for example would be like the candy cain grip Seguin and Kessel have had on their sticks...just a guess though.  I'd be interested in the barber pole grip though if that's what it was.

9 hours ago, jcommeau91 said:

Could be the grip pattern? Chainlink could be similar to the old Nipple Grip and Barber pole for for example would be like the candy cain grip Seguin and Kessel have had on their sticks...just a guess though.  I'd be interested in the barber pole grip though if that's what it was.

I am guessing that you are right. Similarly, does corner mean Tactile Grip, and Checker mean Tactile that is X'ed instead of just single lines? This is my point, I do not know, and none of us do; we are just guessing. Kudos to Warrior for getting this program up and running; I loved my QR Pro- the stick shot lasers and I am infinitely appreciative to be able to customize and have wanted to try the Gionta curve for as long as I have heard about it, but should someone over there have made a quick little guide (such as is done in a catalogue) explaining and showing each of these details for each of these options, so we are not left to guess? Just saying, my order may have already been placed (or I would be well on my way to figuring out what is right for me, so I could place the order soon), if I could know what's what. Maybe I would have ordered already, it will admittedly be difficult to move away from the STX RX2 shaft construction; but if this were an option on the customizer, and I could get that Gionta curve, then absolutely I'd have ordered already.

I think I saw Vanek in the options under the Custom QR Performance Stick (not in the options for Custom Team Sticks, nor for retail).