Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Truckie

Tonight I survived my first ADULT hockey class

Well ,   1st hockey class in the books...

Everybody was very friendly and encouraging... I could not do all of the skating drills due to skill level but I tried and fell on my butt.

after the cone skate drills we turned, picked up a puck and came back to shoot on the goalie..  I GOT 3 WRIST SHOTS PAST HIM and one was good enough that the class stopped and everybody tapped their sticks on the ice.... i guess the dryland shooting cages have helped.

The end of class we did a game where you can put 1 to 6 guys on the ice per round but cant use the same amount of guys twice... and the other team has no idea how many you will have.. from the bench on GO its over the boards and hope its not 6 on 1 LOL.... on my third turn we put 5 out and they put 3.. it was back and forth for a bit... then on a turnover  to us in our offensive end... I ended up to the left of goalie, scooped up a loose puck and passed across the goal mouth to teammate and he buried it... MY 1st ASSIST!!!

once again I had a blast!!  Just gotta find time to get my skates stretched and the arch punched out as the right skate was killing me again about halfway through the class. gonna try and drop them off tomorrow.

gonna try and make the FIRE LEAGUE game on Friday night

That's great!  My wife starts learn to play this week.  The whole family is pretty excited.  Just work on your skating and then everything else will come along much easier.

Awesome!  We've all been that "worst guy on the ice who couldn't do all the drills and fell on my butt."

Keep with it and have fun!  Congrats on your wristers and your assist!