Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GQRDY

Forced to change curve ;(

currently use Sherwood sticks and using a Lidstrom curve, could only get them from one shop and now have just found at that shop has closed down ;( so I cant get them anymore at all ;( guess I will have to change, I play D guess I can be offensive sometimes I would say 50/50.

want to stick with the Sherwood stick since I like the price to performance.so I have the choice between p88, p92, p26 in my flex.

was looking at the p88 since it seems pretty similar apart from being a mid curve and not having as square of a toe, or p26 since its a good all rounder.

need some help? thoughts? advice

2 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

P88 is nothing close to a P02... If you can find a P91-ish curve that's the closest you'll get to a P02.

thanks, I was just going buy the blade chart pictures, description but I cant get that curve not in Sherwood anyway.

Depending on what store you're going to to buy these sticks (assuming you aren't buying online now that your local store has closed down), you might be able to order a batch of "prostock" sticks with the retail P02 pattern.

no my local shop doesn't stock them either, and I live in the UK so there is no pro stock, I could have ordered a batch of custom stick from the shop that closed but would have been about £600-£800.this was an online shop I was ordering from the only place I can get Sherwood sticks is from hockey monkey UK

While I like Sherwood's bang for your buck in regards to performance as well.  Any chance you could look into True Sticks?  I would rate them right there with Sherwood in terms of quality/performance for the price.  They offer the HCS curve, which is very close, if not the exact clone of the Lidstrom.

5 minutes ago, OzziesDad said:

While I like Sherwood's bang for your buck in regards to performance as well.  Any chance you could look into True Sticks?  I would rate them right there with Sherwood in terms of quality/performance for the price.  They offer the HCS curve, which is very close, if not the exact clone of the Lidstrom.

yeah I heard they do and identical pattern but not sure if they will ship to the UK they have an EU site, I will get in contact with them thanks.

A Drury, Staal or any variant of the YP (Yzerman Pro) curve will be the closest to the Lidstrom; minus the square toe.

1 minute ago, lampliter87 said:

I would 100% switch my stick model before I changed to a completely unfamiliar curve. Are there other brands available, even if a little pricier, with a similar curve?

No not really I can't find that curve anywhere

2 hours ago, mickz said:

A Drury, Staal or any variant of the YP (Yzerman Pro) curve will be the closest to the Lidstrom; minus the square toe.

thanks, il have a look but don't think I am able to get any of those either.

I know your pain as I am a Lidstrom curve user as well. I decided to go "custom" and ordered off of MyBauer. it wasn't cheap but the stick is great and hopefully since I don't break sticks (knocks wood) it'll last for awhile.

According to the warrior catalogue I have lying arround, the QRLPro and HDPro are available with a Lidstrom curve in Europe. You just have to find a dealer, who can order them for you.

15 hours ago, flyers10 said:

Maybe try BASE Hockey.

had a look don't think they will ship to the UK.

14 hours ago, shoeshine boy said:

I know your pain as I am a Lidstrom curve user as well. I decided to go "custom" and ordered off of MyBauer. it wasn't cheap but the stick is great and hopefully since I don't break sticks (knocks wood) it'll last for awhile.

I had a look at that before for Sherwood minimum order was 6 was way to much :/

6 hours ago, A2rhino said:

Dude, try the Sherwood PP09. It's your best bet to what you were using.

cant get that ;( can only get p88, p92, p26.

3 hours ago, Hank_33 said:

According to the warrior catalogue I have lying arround, the QRLPro and HDPro are available with a Lidstrom curve in Europe. You just have to find a dealer, who can order them for you.

had a look at that too can only get that in W88,W03 & W05.

Thanks but I think I am going to have to choose between the P88 or P26, but I don't know which one :/ I used a P26 when I first started playing.

P88 - Traditional mid curve, that helps cradle the puck, and great for puck handling. Excels in wrist and snap shots, and not bad on the backhand. Good all around blade.

P26 -Good for puck handling, offers a nice cradle. Large sweet spot perfect for slappers and one-timers. Slightly open face helps elevate the puck.

2 hours ago, GQRDY said:

had a look at that too can only get that in W88,W03 & W05.

Yes, if you have to order online, that's probably all you can get. A LHS might be able to order one with a Lidstrom curve for you, I know mine can.  But I think it is just delaying the unavoidable curve change, the Lidstrom will disappear completely sooner rather than later.

That being said, the W05 is pretty similar to a Lidstrom, it might be good for you.

10 minutes ago, Hank_33 said:

Yes, if you have to order online, that's probably all you can get. A LHS might be able to order one with a Lidstrom curve for you, I know mine can.  But I think it is just delaying the unavoidable curve change, the Lidstrom will disappear completely sooner rather than later.

That being said, the W05 is pretty similar to a Lidstrom, it might be good for you.

thanks,yeah I've noticed that too seemed to be harder and harder to get and now seems to be gone completely :( only problem with hat is its a low kickpoint stick but they have it in the dynasty so might try that, but I haven't heard  good things about the durability of warrior sticks, but then that's probably the closest curve I am going to get.

8 minutes ago, decoy said:

Why not order the stick from another country, like Germany?

I've ordered them from hockey office before which is in Germany but they no longer do that curve either, do you know any good Germany sites to order from?

8 hours ago, GQRDY said:

I had a look at that before for Sherwood minimum order was 6 was way to much :/

is that a Europe thing?  because I only ordered one since that was all I needed.

13 hours ago, shoeshine boy said:

is that a Europe thing?  because I only ordered one since that was all I needed.

not sure that was from the retailer and they contacted Sherwood directly.

got a message back from True hockey saying that they have just opened a UK distribution centre to ship to the whole of the EU and game me there guys contact information, so hopefully should be able to get a true stick in the Lidstrom curve :D so relived.

10 hours ago, GQRDY said:

not sure that was from the retailer and they contacted Sherwood directly.

oh, I was talking about the MyBauer. in North America you can order just one stick if that's what you want.