Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

haider16

Baking pro stocks?

Hey boys, I recently won a pair of Bauer pro stocks. I went to their facility and got a mold of my foot and stuff and they used it to build a custom 1s skate. They came in today, and they fit great. However, the toungue is stiff. Should I get them baked, or would that mess up the completey custom fit? Will the toungue gradually become more flexible without baking? Thanks.

The boot material is layered, glued, heated and formed around your mold so this is it's "natural" state after the boot is built. Heating it again will not change it unless you actively punch / stretch etc. They are designed to be baked and move to fit your feet, even with all the care in the world getting a custom build to fit perfect out of the box is very hard to do. Bake them, lace them and then enjoy. The tongue should soften up after a few skates unless you have gone for something ridiculously stiff.

13 hours ago, Vet88 said:

The boot material is layered, glued, heated and formed around your mold so this is it's "natural" state after the boot is built. Heating it again will not change it unless you actively punch / stretch etc. They are designed to be baked and move to fit your feet, even with all the care in the world getting a custom build to fit perfect out of the box is very hard to do. Bake them, lace them and then enjoy. The tongue should soften up after a few skates unless you have gone for something ridiculously stiff.

Awesome. Thanks buddy!