Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beerleaguecaptain

Inguinal Hernia Recovery

Anyone have inguinal hernia surgery, open incision with mesh patch recently?  I just had it and I am interested in how others recovered from it.  

Frankly - this sucks!!

Note:  I had it on the other side 16 years ago but it was a different method and I just plain don't remember all of what I felt.

Not here...

but can imagine it really hurts... I tore my abs last week and ended up with internal bleeding inside the ab muscle and it hurt like nobody's business... I lucked out and just before the surgery decision was made... it stopped bleeding on its own...   Hope you have a speedy recovery

8 hours ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

UGH! not here.  sending you the good juju, for a speedy recovery. 
and let me know when you're back up on skates and I'll come out to the Island for a little pickup

Thanks!

I had one back during my sophomore year of college (2002).  Same procedure, incision with mesh insertion.  Injured it in February about a month before conference playoffs.  Had the surgery on a Monday, tried to go to class on Tuesday.  Walked about 20 feet from my dorm room and was in so much pain I had to turn around to go home.  Missed practice that entire week and missed that weekend's games, but by the following Monday (7 days from surgery) I was back at practice and I played that Friday night (11 days from surgery).  Wasn't necessarily my smartest move, but the team doc blessed it and I was probably the 85% - I would say I was probably 65% before surgery.

On a funny side note - do yourself a favor and give yourself some time before jumping back into the sack with your significant other.  The Saturday night after my surgery (5 days post surgery) I hooked up with this girl from the bar and that was the most painful experience of my life.

4 hours ago, shooter27 said:

I had one back during my sophomore year of college (2002).  Same procedure, incision with mesh insertion.  Injured it in February about a month before conference playoffs.  Had the surgery on a Monday, tried to go to class on Tuesday.  Walked about 20 feet from my dorm room and was in so much pain I had to turn around to go home.  Missed practice that entire week and missed that weekend's games, but by the following Monday (7 days from surgery) I was back at practice and I played that Friday night (11 days from surgery).  Wasn't necessarily my smartest move, but the team doc blessed it and I was probably the 85% - I would say I was probably 65% before surgery.

On a funny side note - do yourself a favor and give yourself some time before jumping back into the sack with your significant other.  The Saturday night after my surgery (5 days post surgery) I hooked up with this girl from the bar and that was the most painful experience of my life.

Lol....   taking me time in ALL respects!!!

Well....  it will be one month on wednesday.

Feel pretty good but there is still tightness and the incision gets a bit sensitive.

Some other weird stuff but this is not the forum for that!

Torn groin is healing. Much more mobile.  Very little pain.  Only in certain movements.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 7:08 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

Well....  it will be one month on wednesday.

Feel pretty good but there is still tightness and the incision gets a bit sensitive.

Some other weird stuff but this is not the forum for that!

Torn groin is healing. Much more mobile.  Very little pain.  Only in certain movements.

some other weird stuff?  Did "it" grow a little bigger  :-)

PS - Stewie wants to welcome you to the 3 inch club

Seriously though...hope you are back on the ice soon!

7 hours ago, Zylos45 said:

some other weird stuff?  Did "it" grow a little bigger  :-)

PS - Stewie wants to welcome you to the 3 inch club

Seriously though...hope you are back on the ice soon!

How shall I put this....   it was a "colorful" time.  And not so much growth, or measuring in inches....   Using Pi mathematically would help more to solve the equation.