Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GQRDY

Skaters Ankle

Skaters Ankle is what I was told it was called, basicly it's a buildup of stuff giving a small soft lump on the front of my ankle ( I have it on both so least it matches) from tying my skates to tight.

Have had this checked out and its nothing to worry about and there is no pain.

Wondering if anyone else has the same thing and if there was any way to get rid of it? Not that it Hurts just that it looks weird and people always ask about it.

Thanks

Key to this is where exactly it is occurring. Is it on top of / in / under a tendon? Is it on top of any bone ie calcification? Or is it just soft tissue with no vital structures under it (tendons or ligaments)? If it is tendon then you should be concerned, this is akin to lace bite but just a different body reaction. One day it will hurt and one day you will have to do something about it. Best option is to remove the pressure from the tendon now and it will go away over time. If it is bone you can get it debraded if it ever starts to hurt, if there are any tendons or ligaments running over the bone then you need to be really concerned, this is akin to a haglands bump and it will hurt at some point. If it is just soft tissue then you are ok but, just for your long term health, I'd still consider doing something to release the pressure in that area. 

its just soft tissue, when I got it checked they said to either stop tying skates so tight (which I don't anymore) and it might help it go away, or try some of that Ibuprofen gel.

If you do a search on the term "lace bite" most of the suggestions should help relieve the pressure on your ankle.

I used to get those so bad that they bled sometimes. Nowadays, I just get those rubber hand-grip squares made for weight training and put half of one in between each skate tongue and my foot. Problem solved 100%.