Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colins

CCM Jetspeed Eyelet issue

I received some additional feedback from CCM on the Jetspeed eyelets. My skates were very early production run (bought in April 2015). They did get some initial feedback on eyelet stability problems shortly after launch, and later in the production they re-enforced the eyelet area so that eyelet separation became much less of an issue on current JetSpeed boots, and on all the new Super Tacks line.

So for those buying JetSpeed skates today - you probably have a lot less to worry about with respect to the eyelets pulling out of the skate's boot like my son's did. It seems the problem was not just in the material for the eyelet (which I think can still be improved upon), but in the material surrounding the eyelet and how the eyelet was secured to the fabric.

My replacement skates should be here in a couple of more days. I'm told there's no difference in how the boot looks so I won't be able to see/show the differences. I will only know if they hold up better after my son gets another season of wear on them.

Overall I'm happy with the response from CCM on this one, and in knowing that the issue was addressed to a large degree and not simply ignored. The return process could be improved if they'd have sent the replacements to my Retail point of sale instead of having me ship the defective skates back first. My son had to play a couple of games this weekend in a temporary loaner pair of skates which was less than ideal.

For anyone with early production run Jetspeeds that suffered eyelet failure, I'd recommend you get in touch with CCM Warranty like I did.

Thanks,

colins

Replacement skates received today. Kudos to CCM for standing behind their product - my son loves his Jetspeeds and is happy to be back in a skate he has exceptional confidence in.

colins

On 10/27/2016 at 1:06 AM, colins said:

Replacement skates received today. Kudos to CCM for standing behind their product - my son loves his Jetspeeds and is happy to be back in a skate he has exceptional confidence in.

colins

That's great that CCM made right on this whole situation. This thread has made me check my eyelets quite often. If I see any wear on the high stress eyelets i'm getting them swapped. 

On 10/27/2016 at 1:06 AM, colins said:

colins

CCM customer service is really top notch.  They've really improved in their product offerings over the past couple of years and strongly stand by them.

On 10/27/2016 at 10:17 AM, vinprun71 said:

Glad this all worked out. Keep us posted on the quality of the new set. I'm curious to see if they hold up.

1 year and 3 months. My son broke an eyelet and the lace pulled through the boot on the replacement JetSpeeds on Sunday.

Have a big tournament in two days so I'm left scrambling this morning for an emergency fix as we don't have time to buy and break in a new pair.

My opinion - the traditional eyelets CCM uses in the top two and the bottom lace holes are great and hold up perfect. The black CCM stamped eyelets are not durable and will degrade over time and fail, especially if you have sweaty feet.

8fs4YTS.jpg

colins

Ended up getting 11 eyelets replaced today on the JetSpeeds.

Here's the repair on the lace pull-through. Took it to a proper hockey repair guru this time (Scott @ FixMyGear.com), it's re-enforced with extra plastic and looks like it's going to hold up well.

1yZAzkb.jpg

BL5TTdt.jpg

colins