Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marcus

Stick curves

Hi, I am just wondering what curve would be best for me. I am 12 80lbs and a sniper I love to shoot, and i do a lot of stick handling.So basically I want a curve a can rip wrist shots and snapshots and the occasional slap shot ok passing and good stick handling . I would get a Bauer 1s but I can't decide the curve. I was thinking P28 (Girouxs new curve) P92 or P88. Thanks

On 9/30/2016 at 2:56 PM, Marcus said:

Hi, I am just wondering what curve would be best for me. I am 12 80lbs and a sniper I love to shoot, and i do a lot of stick handling.So basically I want a curve a can rip wrist shots and snapshots and the occasional slap shot ok passing and good stick handling . I would get a Bauer 1s but I can't decide the curve. I was thinking P28 (Girouxs new curve) P92 or P88. Thanks

I used to use STX's version of the P88 (X88). It is pretty good all around, as is the 92. I use the 28 now. I like how you can cup the puck with the toe of the 28 and fire toe catapult type shots (sort of like wrist shots, but the puck need not travel over so much of the blade, so goalies do not have as much time to react). Stickhandling with the 28 is easier than I expected, but catching passes is definitely not as easy as the 88.

W88 here. (Warrior's version) I like it because it's a jack of all trades. It does everything with relative ease. I'm not a great shot, but I can rip some wicked top shelf backhanders with that blade.

On 30. 9. 2016 at 11:56 PM, Marcus said:

Hi, I am maybe same player like you I am center, I had P28, but i cant shot too good lile with p92, it was hard to shot from first( one timers) and wrist shot wasnt too efective..  and it was so hard shot the puck to upstair from backhand.. But with P92 I do all off that so much better

If you a curious about trying blade patterns.. could be worth opting for a True shaft, and trying their clones of each blade. Could be a cheaper mistake if you dont like one/two. The only reason i say this is because i wasted money buying whole sticks with different curves (at the time of trial and error it was harder to find an intermediate shaft and all the blade patterns, because in the UK theres limited stock. This has changed now that True is selling in the UK)- obviously you could use a bauer..but im not sure if the P28 is sold as a separate blade.

Ive tried P92, P28 and P88. I always came back to the P88. i just find the P88 to be a very forgiving curve. Can do everything very well. 

On 1/6/2017 at 4:22 AM, sss1987 said:

If you a curious about trying blade patterns.. could be worth opting for a True shaft, and trying their clones of each blade. Could be a cheaper mistake if you dont like one/two. The only reason i say this is because i wasted money buying whole sticks with different curves (at the time of trial and error it was harder to find an intermediate shaft and all the blade patterns, because in the UK theres limited stock. This has changed now that True is selling in the UK)- obviously you could use a bauer..but im not sure if the P28 is sold as a separate blade.

Ive tried P92, P28 and P88. I always came back to the P88. i just find the P88 to be a very forgiving curve. Can do everything very well. 

UPDATE- I am back on the 88 also and find its forgiving nature (especially in receiving passes) to be what I need. Still love some aspects of the 28, but puck pickups and receptions are too challenging.

This is so individual it's crazy. Look at how many guys there are in the NHL alone who all have custom twigs. Compare the curves of Gretzky, Ovechkin and O'Rielly. All VERY different but they seem to work well for those guys. 

For the record - I'm a P92 guy. 

The Bauer P92 or P88 (and the code other bands give these curves) are your best choices. They are crazy and they are good, at least, in a lot of ways. Though is is really about personal preference. 

Every year or so I try to leave the p92 and always come back.  This past try was the Easton e28, similar to all other 28s... and it never felt right.  At times it felt good, but with my likely piss poor mechanics, I was never consistent with it.  Back to the p92 and loving it again.  

I've tried a lot of curves over the years, at one stage it was the P92, then P88, then P106 and many other variants in between. Got consistent with each, and took a little fine tuning to get the curves to work for me. 

Got back to hockey last year, and the P92 that I settled on before my 4 year hiatus wasnt working for me. Went to the P88 and had quite good success for a few months, and then just somehow didnt feel right. Picked up the P92 again and was back to having good puck control again.

I think that a few of the posters have already got it right... there is no right answer, and curves that work for one person might not work for the next. Its all personal preference, and boils down to shooting mechanics etc.

That ... and flex also plays a part of the equation... then throw in the three different flex profiles that seem to dominate the market these days of 'low kick', 'mid kick' and 'variable kick'.

And thats why we continue to hoard gear like sticks and gloves.