Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rubo

1S skates with normal eyelets

Did Bauer phase out normal eyelets on 1S skate, or is this still available as a custom option for pro players?

Cheers

Ok lets try this again. People that deal with custom Bauer skates and are able to call their Bauer rep, can someone please confirm that the new Bauer 1S model is available with normal eyelets, not any other model, only 1S.

Or a picture of  1S pro player's pair with normal eyelets will do as well.

Cheers

14 hours ago, Rubo said:

Ok lets try this again. People that deal with custom Bauer skates and are able to call their Bauer rep, can someone please confirm that the new Bauer 1S model is available with normal eyelets, not any other model, only 1S.

Or a picture of  1S pro player's pair with normal eyelets will do as well.

Cheers

You can choose to do 1S Standard instead of 1S Injected.  There is also a "Pro Stock" option which has standard eyelets as well as a fixed tendon guard and a non-Reflex tongue.

4 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

You can choose to do 1S Standard instead of 1S Injected.  There is also a "Pro Stock" option which has standard eyelets as well as a fixed tendon guard and a non-Reflex tongue.

Hey JR,

Hope all is well. I wanted to clarify this for you and everyone! Custom 1S Skates have 3 base options the player can choose as his starting point:

1S PRO-STOCK comes with C-Flex tendon and Injected Eyelets

1S PRO INJ comes with fixed tendon + Injected eyelets

1S PRO STD comes with fixed tendon + Regular eyelets

Hope this makes sense!

21 minutes ago, JDub said:

Hey JR,

Hope all is well. I wanted to clarify this for you and everyone! Custom 1S Skates have 3 base options the player can choose as his starting point:

Hope this makes sense!

JD, few more questions:

1) Retail S190, is it the same boot as the 1S only with eyelets, I mean same quarter package, overall stiffness and outsole material ...put a side tendon guard, tongue, liner and holder ...  same boot?

2) It looks like the boot is cut a bit higher then MX3 - true or perception?

3) Looks like 1S is cut more in a L shape so the top eyelets angled toward the foot making it shallower towards the top of the boot...true?

4) Is the pitch of the boot (back wall angle in relation to the ground...same or looks a bit more forward....true?

5) bottom back heel and under ankle looks less anatomical then MX3 in contrast looks way way less anatomical to the  old One95 which was probably the most anatomical looking (from the outside at least).....true or not?

Cheers

40 minutes ago, Rubo said:

JD, few more questions:

1) Retail S190, is it the same boot as the 1S only with eyelets, I mean same quarter package, overall stiffness and outsole material ...put a side tendon guard, tongue, liner and holder ...  same boot?

Yes - The core construction of the boot itself is the same (materials, internal reinforcements, foams and stiffness). The components that come on 1S vs. S190 (C-Flex Tendon/Tongue; Injected Eyelets; Speed Plate; 37.5 Liner; vented outsole; etc.) are the key differentiators between the two models.  

2) It looks like the boot is cut a bit higher then MX3 - true or perception?

Perception. Probably because the tongue height on the 1S is taller than the MX3 but the boot height measurements are the same.

3) Looks like 1S is cut more in a L shape so the top eyelets angled toward the foot making it shallower towards the top of the boot...true?

False - The injected facing tech is the same tooling used on MX3. Because of this, the cut is the same.

4) Is the pitch of the boot (back wall angle in relation to the ground...same or looks a bit more forward....true?

Same as MX3.

5) bottom back heel and under ankle looks less anatomical then MX3 in contrast looks way way less anatomical to the  old One95 which was probably the most anatomical looking (from the outside at least).....true or not?

No major changes from MX3 to 1S from a dimension standpoint. Might be a visual thing because of the graphics of the skate.

Last one  I'm guessing you might not answer, so I wont be persistent in case you decline:

1) The ODIN1 holder never saw the light of day as a retail product, you guys filed for a new holder design, looks like a hybrid of ODIN and Edge, well closer to the traditional Edge.....will that holder ever see the light of day at retail? How far are you in testing it and projected release date if ever?

No Comment.......

See Above.

1 hour ago, JDub said:

Hey JR,

Hope this makes sense!

JD -

Woah...yeah, I read that completely wrong.  Thought the standard was the retail skate.  

JD lets keep going.

custom models in 1/8" increments so a skate 8.75, how is it made, are you using a pattern from 8.5 or 9 as far as molding quarter package over the last, or does your custom division actually has patterns that cover 1/8" increments and patterns that also cover E, EE, EEE  widths.

Same with length and fitting a bigger or smaller toe box, is everything pre cut in small 1/8" increments (inner soles) or is there a lot of hand work in manipulating parts during lasting to put together something like  a 8.75 EEE skate from 1/2" increment parts? Basically do you have all the sizes covered with pre-cut parts?

Cheers

18 hours ago, JDub said:

Hey JR,

Hope this makes sense!

I see where the confusion came - the 1X has INJ and STD which describe just the eyelets.  Obviously another variable with the tendon guard.  Luckily I haven't submitted a 1S order - that could've been bad!

15 hours ago, Rubo said:

JD lets keep going.

custom models in 1/8" increments so a skate 8.75, how is it made, are you using a pattern from 8.5 or 9 as far as molding quarter package over the last, or does your custom division actually has patterns that cover 1/8" increments and patterns that also cover E, EE, EEE  widths.

Same with length and fitting a bigger or smaller toe box, is everything pre cut in small 1/8" increments (inner soles) or is there a lot of hand work in manipulating parts during lasting to put together something like  a 8.75 EEE skate from 1/2" increment parts? Basically do you have all the sizes covered with pre-cut parts?

Cheers

Rubo,

Great questions but some things can be shared and others can not. How we build a custom skate is proprietary information that can not be shared. What I can say, we have a high market share among some of the pickiest players in the world and satisfaction on how they fit is high. Whatever you need, we will build.

23 minutes ago, JDub said:

Rubo,

Great questions but some things can be shared and others can not. How we build a custom skate is proprietary information that can not be shared. What I can say, we have a high market share among some of the pickiest players in the world and satisfaction on how they fit is high. Whatever you need, we will build.

Can you build a 1S goal skate based on tracings and photos, including the avoidance of bumps on the foot in some places? 

3 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Can you build a 1S goal skate based on tracings and photos, including the avoidance of bumps on the foot in some places? 

Yes

Ok. .......Mark Messier was known to go through like 40 pairs per season (could be just a rumor). That's when skates broke down very fast.

1) Do you keep a data base of how many pairs an NHL players orders each year and his revision history?

2) How long do you keep the data base (if that player retires) is he off the list.

3) Who's your pickiest player in the past 3-5 years?

5) And how many pairs he orders per season?

6) Duncan Keith dilemma ...   he tapes his skates just like few other players which would break down a pair much faster, but I never see any of his pairs on secondary market, not game used, not memorabilia , never hear about it at end of the season sales. Can you confirm that he might actually wear one single pair for 3-5 years till it's so broken down that it's in the garbage?

6) How about the other way, who's one player that is rocking one single pair for the longest time, and how long? (must be a Bauer guy, if switched to CCM then it doesn't count)... to complicate your answer even more he must be on one way contract in the past 5-10 years.

Cheers