Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ouhockeyplayer

Hosea curve vs PM9 vs E4

I was looking at trying a CCM Reckoner stick now that they have discounted them with the new trigger being out.  Only curve I can find similiar to the PM9 or Easton E4 curve is the Hossa curve.  It looks like it has a little more curve to it but my main concern is the lie.  I really prefer a 5 lie and I can't seem to find what the lie truly is for this curve.  Searching online I've seen both 5.5 and 5.  Holding it up to an E4 in the shop it looks like a 5.  Which one is it?

It's almost identical to the H-11 but the lie is (or was) slightly lower. In some brands, they raised that pattern lie from 5 to 5.5 a few years ago. The Nugent-Hopkins is very similar but closer to 5.5.

Thank you everyone.  I tried looking for the Duchene curve but couldn't find one in the Reckoner.  I vaguely remembering that CCM did not offer the P14 for this stick for some odd reason when looking on their website.  I ended up going with the Hossa curve, but haven't gotten to try it out yet.  Maybe i'll end up liking a little bit more of a curve.  

Also, P46 is essentially the E4/PM9/H14 but with a bit of toe modification to bring it closer to the E28. Main differences between the P46 and P28 are, more continuous rocker on the heel of the P46, lower lie on the P46, less toe bevel/rocker on the P46, more consistent blade face height from heel to toe on the P46, and overall the P28 is a little more open. Now that I've gotten to scope it out in person, I'm pretty sure it's my ideal pattern. Now, if only I can get myself to accept CCM's gooey smooth shafts.

4 hours ago, ouhockeyplayer said:

Thank you everyone.  I tried looking for the Duchene curve but couldn't find one in the Reckoner.  I vaguely remembering that CCM did not offer the P14 for this stick for some odd reason when looking on their website.  I ended up going with the Hossa curve, but haven't gotten to try it out yet.  Maybe i'll end up liking a little bit more of a curve.  

Hockey Monkey has it on the Reckoner grip.