Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dlwst44

Do you see a lot of vintage helmets and/or gear in your adult league?

A guy I play with wears a Cooper SK10. All original except for the chin strap. He had a new one put on because the old one was falling apart. He's also a really good player which makes it even better.

I've got a Jofa that my brother in law gave me when I first started skating a few years back.  Love the way that thing fits.  Nothing else I've tried has come close.  I've considered throwing a cage on it.

I play with a goalie who wears a helmet/cage combo (like Hrudey used to wear). Thing is beat to crap. Mask is bent. I've encouraged him to get something new, but he seems happy with it. He bought new pads in the last few years. He had been using blue/white Kenesky pads (circa 1980's) and prior to that the old brown ones filled with horse hair, or whatever...damn things weighed a ton when they were wet.

• Like 1

Goalie I know only wears full 70's (or older) gear and mask.  Wore it while in beer league and still wears it in scrub now.

Clip from 2008

https://youtu.be/WK-CiztbZRY

Team pic from 2015.  Al the goalie has his orange 'starburst' mask behind his one knee pad for the photo.  He has quite the collection of old goalie equipment he rotates.

WF2sCO1.jpg

In the over 40 Leaugue I play in there are a ton of cat eye player cages from various manufactures both vintage and more recent production models. Bunch of CCM HT-2 helmets, and the guy that wore a Cooper 600 finaly hung them up. Probably 3-4 guys still rocking 1990's vintage Bauer 4000 Comp skates.   

• Like 1