Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RHINO61

3d curve composite heat molding

How many times can these Bauer skates be baked with the 3d cc quarters and what would be the drawback if they are done say more than twice.

Early this year I worked on some apx2's that have been baked 4 times and the heels spot heated a number of times for heel bumps. I sharpened them last week and there is no loss of stiffness in the boot or any degradation of the material and the player is on the ice 4 times a week. Officially I think Bauer say 2 times? but having talked to a few guys who work in the field of composites, their opinion is it can be heated many times with no loss of performance. The only comment I have for heating is with regards to spot heating of these boots - they have a thin clear plastic film (think like shrink wrap) over them which gives them that shiny look, heat this too much with a spot heat and it can lift off from the underlying layer.