Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nyanad

Broken steel in my Supreme 190

Hello! I just cracked the steel in one skate in my supremes 190.  Do i need to replace it in both skates, or just in one and the sharpener can match them for me?  Any other steel except of LS3 that goes with this holder? I have a very small boot size and it's hard to get in my area.

Better to swap both and keep the old unbroken runner as a spare. Runners come in pairs so it's not like you can just buy one.

You can get LS3 or LS4 (similar 10' profile as LS3 but better steel). You can also get LS Fusion which has 9' radius and different steel composition which makes it lighter.

Put a new pair of runners in. I prefer LS2 but LS3 is also a good option but a little more expensive.  I have bad bad luck with LS Fusion blades.  Had one bend and wreck the holder. The other broke. 

2 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

How old are they? Bauer will usually replace steel, even past the one year mark. I would get the LS3 or LS4 and replace both. 

From what I remember, Bauer blade warranty is 90 days and customer support is on the lower side of the scale... but worth trying, it does not cost much.

3 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

How old are they? Bauer will usually replace steel, even past the one year mark. I would get the LS3 or LS4 and replace both. 

Where do you even come up up with stuff like this?

Skate Runners

Warranty
90 days from the consumer date of purchase

Who Should I Contact?
If it is within 90 days of your purchase, please return to the retailer where you purchased your item for assistance with warranty. While warranty exceptions are unlikely, if it has been more than 90 days since your purchase and you have the original receipt from an authorized BAUER dealer, you may contact us:

U.S.: Warranty.US@bauer.com

Canada: Warranty.Canada@bauer.com

Outside North America: Warranty.Europe@bauer.com

Consumers in Russia: The warranty is provided in accordance with Russian law. Please contact the location where you purchased your BAUER product. In the case of a dispute, please contact the exclusive distributor in Russia, Inter-Commerce LLC at office@inter-commerce.ru.

https://www.amazon.com/Bauer-Lightspeed-Senior-Stainless-Runners/dp/B00AMF3RD0

"The new Bauer TUUK Lightspeed 3 Stainless Steel Runner is the newest edition to the Bauer runner line. Be prepared to get blown away. The higher steel profile allows for longer sharpening life and custom profiling. Bauer has improved their hardware to ensure the blade locks into place and easily detaches with the turn of a screw. Improved hardware provides optimal attachment for the TTUUKLS2 Holder. This blade will have you carving up the ice on your way to victory. All Bauer runners come with a one year warranty against manufacturer defects."

https://www.totalhockey.com/product/Tuuk_LS3_Stainless_Steel_Runners/itm/9805-2/

The new Bauer TUUK Lightspeed 3 Stainless Steel Runner is the newest edition to the Bauer runner line. Be prepared to get blown away.

The higher steel profile allows for longer sharpening life and custom profiling. Bauer has improved their hardware to ensure the blade locks into place and easily detaches with the turn of a screw. Improved hardware provides optimal attachment for the TTUUKLS2 Holder.

This blade will have you carving up the ice on your way to victory.

All Bauer runners come with a one year warranty against manufacturer defects.

6 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

I bought them in January.  I think the 1 year mark is for the holder, not steel, but i'll email them anyway.

If memory serves me right, you both are "kinda" correct here. Bauer used to warranty their steel for one year (holders are still a one year warranty) if I'm not mistaken but reduced the warranty to 90 days last year. Bauer's website would definitely be up to date but other retailers must not have changed their website.

OP, if you bought them online from a retailer that still mentions a 1 year warranty on steel, you'd have a pretty good argument to get them replaced.