Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

msavedge21

Revision Flex vs Labeda Addiction wheels?

I drove over to LA (from Phoenix, about 5.5 hours) and went to one of the Hockey Monkey stores in search of a new pair of skates to replace my dying Nike Quest 2's (w/ Tuuk Rocker Chassis).  I did a little research before heading out and was interested in the Alkali Visium+.  One of my concerns was that they come with X-Soft wheels and I'm about 220#, so I talked to the sales person about trading them for something harder for better speed & durability.  

They didn't have any Visium+, but they did have a pair of Zenith+ that fit.  A little more $, but still in my budget, and they fit, so I upgraded.

When I checked out, they swapped the wheels for a set of Revision Flex Firms (their recommendation).

I took a closer look at the specs for the Zenith+ skates, and noticed that they come with Labeda Addiction XXX wheels, not than the X-soft Labeda Dynasty III wheels that come on the Visium+.

On paper, now that I've compared the descriptions, the Labeda Addiction XXX sounds like a better wheel.  The ability to fine-tune grip vs. speed with the Revision Flex wheel initially sounds like a good idea, until time comes to rotate your wheels.

I'm tempted to resist the urge to skate in them right away so I can try and swap back to the stock wheels.

Has anyone used either (or both) of these wheels?  Is one of them better than the other?  Is the ability to adjust the stiffness of the Revision wheels worth losing the ability to rotate wheels so they last longer?

I've been using the Revision Flex wheels (soft) for about 12-15 skates now. Previous wheels were the soft Signature Addictions. I couldn't be happier with the Flex wheels. The Addiction wheels were splitting on me already by the time I got to a dozen skates on them. As far as rotating goes...I went with a setup where I had the grip side on the front and back, speed sides in the middle. Switched them up when rotating and I've been alright with them. They're becoming my favorite wheel now (RR Splits were my favorites beforehand).

I've had bad luck with labeda wheels splitting early as well, including my first addictions. Switched to konixx wheels and so far so good.

I have used the addictions since they came out. I am a bigger guy like you so I used the 78a and I would talk them up to everyone who asked about them but because a $14 wheel was a joke at the time. In the last 2 years they have not held the same quality that I have had from them for years before that, the last 4 to 6 pair I got have split earlier about 10 to 12 skates in so about a month and a half in, I will say they have not chunked till about 4 or 5 months, on a side not the few times I have contacted them they have had no problem replacing them when I have provided them with pictures and a receipt. Still the best wheel comp. in the game (imo)

I'd go with neither. Addictions haven't been good since the first generation, and RV Wheels last me ~5 games.

I'd take a serious look at Konixx. I've been running them and they are fantastic.