Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PeteK

EASTON V7 inline skates

Hey all,
I'm looking to buy a new pair of inline skates.
Currently I have CCM Jetspeed 260, but the boots are too soft and they bent at around ankle level, so now they provide nearly no support.

ccm_jetspeed_260_bent.jpg

I saw these skates, Easton V7, for a good price (around 125eur), but could find information on sellers website only: no reviews.

easton_v7.jpg

They look like they're an old model, but I couldn't find the exact year. They say they are successor of Easton IQ44 and equivalent of Vapor X80R in Bauer range.

Also they are 72-72-80-80 Hi-Lo setup (82A outdoor wheels, but I could change those), which I believe they don't do on current skates anymore. Are these worse in manoeuvrability/turning radius than other setups?

Anyone has experience with these/similar skates? Do you think they would be a worthy upgrade?
(I am looking mainly for stiffer/more durable boot that would last) or do you think it is worth it to pay more and go directly for more recent higher models by Bauer/Mission (ie. AC/DS 2) or Alkali (Shift+)?

My guess is these are a Euro-only skate, however they don't look like they seem to be much better than the JS260. How much do you weigh? Looks like you're putting too much weight possibly and will benefit going with a higher-end skate.

Thanks for your answer. I weigh around 145-150 lbs and I am an advanced skater (I used to do figure skating on ice and aggressive skating in skate parks before picking up hockey).

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been on here much. But I have to echo Justin's thoughts regarding that skate. Just looking at that picture and what it seems to be made out of, it just screams low-end, almost department store low-end. From how you're describing yourself mixed with the luck you've had with previous skates, I think you'd be much better off splurging and going for a higher-end skate that might be on clearance. We won't get another one of these scenarios in a year or less if you do, and you'll be more than happy with a solid skate for a great price.