Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Is the Vapor shaft less durable than Nexus/Supreme?

Curious to see based on experience if the Vapor line shaft is more/less or equally durable as the Nexus/Supreme shaft due to its rounded shape vs square. Just picked up a new 1X and love the stick. 

Another stick thread? No it is not less durable. But if you aren't using it properly/doesn't suit your shooting style then yes it will break.

/closethread

8 hours ago, adam14 said:

Another stick thread? No it is not less durable. But if you aren't using it properly/doesn't suit your shooting style then yes it will break.

/closethread

If it doesn't suit ones shooting style it will break? I don't think you understand what I'm getting at and it's very valid. Are rounded corner shafts more likely to last a shorter amount of time because they do not have the corners to dissipate impact of slashes and stick lifts. 

If anything, rounded corners should decipate more effectively... Rounded shaft however would fill different in the hands which may or may not be a discomfort to you.

18 minutes ago, 60PlusWinger said:

If it doesn't suit ones shooting style it will break? I don't think you understand what I'm getting at and it's very valid. Are rounded corner shafts more likely to last a shorter amount of time because they do not have the corners to dissipate impact of slashes and stick lifts. 

Where do you come up with this crap?  

38 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

If anything, rounded corners should decipate more effectively... Rounded shaft however would fill different in the hands which may or may not be a discomfort to you.

Exactly, that's why round towers were developed for castle corners in the middle ages: to better withstand the onslaught of catapults, etc. It was a specific defensive improvement over rectangular towers.