Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kgbeast

Columbus Blue Jackets 2016-17

Being a fan of Bobrovsky, I have been following Columbus Blue Jackets and what an awesome team it has been. Bobrovsky is climbing up in the top spot yes, but what a team... It is almost never a dull moment for me. And in the last 2 days they took apart 2 new opponents of the season, Red Wings and Islanders. I thought Islanders will definitely put a stop to their parade, especially the jackets are without their captain now... but instead Jackets pulled a 6-2 win and totally dominated the 3rd period. They are seating with least of regular loses in the league, #1 rookie of the month, most players with 2 or more goals in the league, and if course the most awesome goalie  (even not on the paper yet). I love them..  

Sorry about this, Just too excited for them, had to write this post.

Just watched Jackets @ Oilers and that was a game to see. Few spectacular saves by Bobrovski and an exceptional effort by the entire Jackets team got them another victory on the toad. 

In game in Calgary last light, they have shown exceptional skill once again allowing a single goal in 5 on 3 shooting gallery. Other than that, nothing that Flames could think of worked. Jackets scored 2 power play goals, one full strength, and one short handed. Was fun to see Seth Jones showing some dangling skill in his end to end effort. He is a solid 2-way player.

Jackets showed more of the team power last couple of days. 7-1 upset of the Pens with total domination in the third period back to back with 2-1 win over Habs. I must say that Canadiens almost kicked Jackets asses, but Bobrovsky was at his best to absorb 36 of their shots. Habs were much better at defense and offense, but Jackets were able to squeeze by and I am glad for them. We'll see what couple of days break will do. Next game is with Bruins and Marchand appears to have Bobrovsky's kryptonite. Out of all teams, Bruins are the best contender to take Jackets down by a land slide. It will be interesting to see.

As an Avs fan this season is basically dead to me. Lol. But it is really cool to see what the Jackets are doing. I definitely did not expect this, even after they acquired Seth Jones. But I've never paid much attention to them before. It's crazy.

YES!!!

Bobrovsky first win against Bruins this season. Bobrovsky 11 games wining streak personal career best. Werenski most points by a defender record in franchise history. Bruins played awesome game as I thought they would and I thought that Jackets will fall flat here, but they have pulled through and did that in regulation... Nice icing on a Christmas cake for me and thousands of Jackets fans. CBJ!

I was exposed to the Bobrovsky fanclub by the Danish National Team's goalie coach at a seminar for club coaches. He drooled over B's footwork. That was my first viewing of a goalie isolation cam, calling this one "A Study Of Perfection".

Obviously, this streak can't last forever but I am curious to see how they fare over the full course of the season. Tortorella teams are notorious for fading and not lasting at the end when it counts, usually culminating with the players tuning him out. They might make something of this season but only time will tell.

7 hours ago, flip12 said:

I was exposed to the Bobrovsky fanclub by the Danish National Team's goalie coach at a seminar for club coaches. He drooled over B's footwork. That was my first viewing of a goalie isolation cam, calling this one "A Study Of Perfection".

This now was my first viewing of goalie isolation cam as well. I have been watching videos from this Senfan006 for past hour and those are awesome. Notices that Vary is moving similarly to Bob... like a damn cat. Unless you look at other skaters, you'd think that video goes at faster than normal speed. Nice link. Thanks,

51 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

This now was my first viewing of goalie isolation cam as well. I have been watching videos from this Senfan006 for past hour and those are awesome. Notices that Vary is moving similarly to Bob... like a damn cat. Unless you look at other skaters, you'd think that video goes at faster than normal speed. Nice link. Thanks,

Yeah, that was an eye-opener to me too. I'd like to watch more of those videos, but I always forget to.

Looks like Jackets have few fans in Winnipeg. Congrats to them on 14th victory in the row which would be the third longest winning streak in NHL history. Bobrovsky once again came up with some beautiful saves. If you are not watching Jackets games for whatever reason, you are missing out. Next game a must see. It will be one of the rare times when two teams with longest winning streaks meet together. Wilds have 12, Jackets have 14. Dubnyk is also a leading goaltender of the season this far in saves and goals-allowed averages. And coincidentally it will take place on New Years eve day... Who gets the New Year present? We'll see...

Blue Jackets vs Wild game today is NHL.TV free game of the week. I think it means any one can watch it on www.nhl.tv, even if you do not have a paid subscription. Apparently it is first time in the NHL history when two highest winning streak teams meet. Everyone wonders when a streak will come to an end... Well it is going to end today for one if them.

And so Jackets keep on rolling. They are now in second longest in NHL history winning streak with 15 games. They have been undefeated in December. Happy New Year to Columbus Blue Jackets and I will look forward for them to win next 2-3 games and get to number one spot. Bobrovsky with at least a pair of great saves. I was worrying after Calvert got tossed out of the game, but team is deep enough to make it work, so they did.

Blue Jackets who are looking to tie for the longest winning streak in NHL history tonight, is now also the first team this season that got unanimously ranked #1 in weekly NHL Super 16 ranking. Blue Jackets visit against Washington Capitals tonight at 7pm (ET). Capitals have not won neither of the two meetings against Jackets this season although the games were close.  Never the less, Washington is #5 in the NHL standings (#4 in Metro) as of today and are looking to end the Columbus winning streak. This said however, there is very little at stake for Caps as their standing is not going to change either they win or loose, while Jackets are one step away from setting another milestone and are expected to fight extra hard. Interesting to see which way this game goes. Regardless who wins or who looses, It can be an exciting game as well as it can be a lame game.  

And so it is over. Blue Jackets have finally ran out of gas and spectacularly lost to Washington Capitals in a 5:0 shutout defeat. Capitals were 100% ready to put out any offensive attempts and Bobrovsky had very little to show in the net. In one way, I am glad they lost as now the pressure is gone and they can truly concentrate on their one-game-at-a-time philosophy. I wish they could catch 17 game streak, but I am glad, the edge of the couch is over for now. I can not say that Caps played great as Jackets straight up sucked, but congrats to Holtby on shutout. Win is a win. Now is time to see how the Jackets recover from this and if this turns in multi game loosing streak or if they regroup and go right back to work.

Jackets now lost second game in the row. This time however, they did play like them old selves and the game was fast pace and very exciting. It looked like the Jackets were going to take it with quick 4:1 lead in the game, but Rangers were able to shut them down by playing an exceptional 3-rd period hockey. And catch up 4:4 with just about 7 minute left. Last 7 minutes were a extremely fast pace end-to-end, all in, plays as both teams try to do their best to snatch the important 2 points for their standing. With just 16 seconds left, Grabner intercepted an errant pass by Seth Jones and run off to a 1on 1 meeting with Blue Jackets goalie ending what it appeared to be a very close game with win for New York Rangers. Surprisingly Jackets have selected to play this game with McElhinney in the goal. Some may say that this has cost Jackets the game, although in my opinion Curtis has played a solid game and I would find it hard to assume that Bob would have done better.

After watching this game, I can see that the 16-game streak comes with a price of every team in the league having to put together a "book" on Jackets. While Jackets have not put a book on anyone.

With lose to Rangers, jackets have given up their NHL lead in one of the categories. Rangers now moved to #1 spot in games won with 28, pushing the previous leader, Columbus Blue Jackets to the #2 spot with 27 games won.  While Columbus still leads the NHL in points, they are now within just a couple of points form other top contenders. Jackets have 4 games this week against 5th and 6th in the east teams that struggle right now. If jackets prove to be a struggling team as well and loose more than a couple, they most likely be dethroned from #1 in the league by Penguins, Blackhawks and Canadiens If jackets do not pull themselves together, instead of leading the league by over a month now, they might find themselves in the \wild card section by this time next week.

According to the latest NHL news, Sergei Bobrovsky is a favorite for Vezina trophy and Hart MVP trophy this season. He has also been unanimously selected to be between the pipes for Metropolitan Division All Star team. It is a hint to whomever else wants this trophy to tighten up their game... we all know that Bob will not make it easy. Other top contender is Dubnyk who is not showing any signs of slowing down either.

I have not checked hockey for 1 day, then tuned in to watch Jackets vs Hurricanes game last night and was surprised to see an unknown to me goalie in the Jackets pipes ... Top that, he kind of sucked as well. Come to find out that McElhinney was placed on waiver and taken by Leafs, then Bob came down with a flu leaving jackets management to rifle through their AHL drawer. I am reading than McElhinney had a "disastrous performance" in his start against Rangers... I watched that game and Rangers have kicked Jackets asses pretty fair and square and imo, not because McElhinney sucked... last night they have lost because the new guy did (imo) sucked. The whole game was actually crap. Neither Jackets nor Canes had legs and played sloppy. It was like watching an average beer league game. What a cluster f. Good thing they (jackets) do not have to play again until Friday, hopefully Bobrovsky and Calvert will be back, otherwise a see a wildcard slot for jacket come Monday.