Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kgbeast

Question about Komarov visor

Everytime I watch Maple Leafs game, I keep asking myself - what is the deal with Komarov's visor. Looks like it is cut at a hairline. Almost looks like he does not want to wear a visor, but has to, so he has something that looks like a visor, but not really. Is there a mandate to wear a visor? I just see that many do not have visors, so there must not be a mandate... what is the dealio? 

The league allows them to be tilted upwards - guys get away with wearing a visor because the league tells the they have to, but don't lose any visibility. Kyle Okposo is another notable player to do this.

How come some players do not wear any visor at all? Dubinsky of CBJ for example, or the NY Islander player Sedlak gotten into fight with yesterday. Probably every team has one or two...

12 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

How come some players do not wear any visor at all? Dubinsky of CBJ for example, or the NY Islander player Sedlak gotten into fight with yesterday. Probably every team has one or two...

Jason Chimera (former Blue Jacket) is the player you're thinking of. He does not need to wear a visor because he is grandfathered into the rule.

So I guess, Komarov does not qualify for grandfathering, but he found a way which allow him to wear a visor without covering his face or offering the intended protection. Thanks for your answers, I did not know about the rule and grandfathering.