Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbvnyc

Jersey Shore

I purchased a business on the shore and will be moving down to the area shortly.  Looking to skate at least 2 times/week.  I don't mind beer league, but would prefer a private skate with a good group of guys if it's available. 

Not trying to pump my own tires here, but I'm a smart, good skating and passing, puck moving D.  I play in the "higher" divisions in the leagues I'm in now, but really could give two shits about the hockey.  I just need to get some exercise and to make some new hockey friends.  What's more important is what days of the week I can skate, which is tbd at the moment depending on how many employees I hire to begin. 

I'd like to find a good group/team that has been together for a while that can make my transition to the area easier.  Every time I move the hockey community has really helped me settle in.   I most certainly need to consume beers afterwards, more the better. 

I'll be in Belmar and Lake Como if anyone is from the area. 

I know Red Bank has a rink, but that is further north of Belmar.  Probably 30-40 minutes.  I'm sure there are other rinks, just not sure where. 

6 hours ago, fbvnyc said:

I purchased a business on the shore and will be moving down to the area shortly.  Looking to skate at least 2 times/week.  I don't mind beer league, but would prefer a private skate with a good group of guys if it's available. 

Not trying to pump my own tires here, but I'm a smart, good skating and passing, puck moving D.  I play in the "higher" divisions in the leagues I'm in now, but really could give two shits about the hockey.  I just need to get some exercise and to make some new hockey friends.  What's more important is what days of the week I can skate, which is tbd at the moment depending on how many employees I hire to begin. 

I'd like to find a good group/team that has been together for a while that can make my transition to the area easier.  Every time I move the hockey community has really helped me settle in.   I most certainly need to consume beers afterwards, more the better. 

I'll be in Belmar and Lake Como if anyone is from the area. 

D'Jais here i come!!!!   met my wife in Lake Como "South Belmar" (at the time) and proposed to her on the beach at the gates to Spring Lake. 

10 minutes ago, krisdrum said:

I know Red Bank has a rink, but that is further north of Belmar.  Probably 30-40 minutes.  I'm sure there are other rinks, just not sure where. 

and i know guys who play at Red Bank at a private skate   i THINK its Thursday nights...   good group of guys  a few who played club in college.   if you're on the facebook look up NJAOHC and join   then post about that skate   you can say the admin sent you...

I bet Ray Lawlor would know:

http://www.jerseyshorearena.com/league/adult-league/

I used to live in that area, and played for a few months at this rink around 1995. I think this rink may be closer than the Red Bank rink, not sure which is nice, and I imagine the people in Red Bank would be more "suitable."

I just played public pickup for a few months back in the day, and recall that there were some pretty obnoxious wanna be tough guys (this one guy always wore an orange PHI Lindros jersey and you could tell he was really proud when he lost some teeth when a stick raised and caught his mouth), guys raiding the locker room for cash, even a fight during the pickup of a guy who was kind of known for it versus a guy who obviously didn't want much to do with it (neither of them me; I just watched like "WTF?". That was 20 years ago tho, so who knows about today?

On 1/27/2017 at 2:18 AM, Cosmic said:

I bet Ray Lawlor would know:

http://www.jerseyshorearena.com/league/adult-league/

I used to live in that area, and played for a few months at this rink around 1995. I think this rink may be closer than the Red Bank rink, not sure which is nice, and I imagine the people in Red Bank would be more "suitable."

I just played public pickup for a few months back in the day, and recall that there were some pretty obnoxious wanna be tough guys (this one guy always wore an orange PHI Lindros jersey and you could tell he was really proud when he lost some teeth when a stick raised and caught his mouth), guys raiding the locker room for cash, even a fight during the pickup of a guy who was kind of known for it versus a guy who obviously didn't want much to do with it (neither of them me; I just watched like "WTF?". That was 20 years ago tho, so who knows about today?

That's terrifying and fantastic.

On 1/29/2017 at 5:46 AM, Jamarquan said:

That's terrifying and fantastic.

That accurately describes how I felt at the time. Like front row seats to a scrap that left a guy bloody but at the same time, I am like "What if they target me, I can't friggin fight; and can barely even skate."

Forming a new adult "D" League team to play in Toms River, NJ. Season start 4/23. All games on Sunday, excellent start times. Let me know if interested!