Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brandonthequick

Bauer MX3 vs CCM Jetspeed

Two different fits and I have tried both and ended up in Ultra tacks. The jetspeed have great heel lock and foreword flex but are looser at the top. This was not the fit for me as I did not feel secure up top in the last few eyelets. The Bauer MX3 fit closer up top but lacked the lower wrap and heel lock the jetspeeds have. The Bauers I had came with the pro felt tongue which are super stiff and with the tight upper I couldn't flex as well. Try the Ultra tacks have great heel lock and great wrap, they are super comfy and the tongue allows you to have great flex. 

10 minutes ago, vrsixin said:

Two different fits and I have tried both and ended up in Ultra tacks. The jetspeed have great heel lock and foreword flex but are looser at the top. This was not the fit for me as I did not feel secure up top in the last few eyelets. The Bauer MX3 fit closer up top but lacked the lower wrap and heel lock the jetspeeds have. The Bauers I had came with the pro felt tongue which are super stiff and with the tight upper I couldn't flex as well. Try the Ultra tacks have great heel lock and great wrap, they are super comfy and the tongue allows you to have great flex. 

What do you mean like you felt the top was too loose so you were losing power? top of the ankle? 

I've got both. Not sure if looser is how I'd describe the jetspeeds, I would use the words softer / more flexible so they feel like there is not as much pressure at the top. The jetspeeds are a much softer skate thru the rear panels. If you are propping off the stiffness of the sidewalls of the skate to skate hard then you will lose some power in Jetspeeds until you change your skating technique (eg try skating with no laces). Other than that everything else vrsixin said is spot on.