Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lapierre#1

Good stick deals currently in the Toronto area?

Broke my stick last night and need something ASAP - looking to buy a mid to high end stick, preferably not a pro stock, I don't care which brand though. Any stores in the GTA have good deals going on currently?

Thank you!

Sport Chek has the Warrior QR1SE and CCM Speedburner for $139. They also have the Easton HTX for $120. In addition, they have a buy one get one 50% off deal on select composite sticks until Feb 14 (fine print is on their website). If you also have or get a team assist coupon for $20 off $100 it could be a pretty sweet deal.

2 hours ago, adam14 said:

Htx are $99 I believe at Sport Cheks

They're listed on sportchek.ca for $119 right now, but they could be less at some stores or could've been on sale for $99 in the past. They do mention the buy one get one 50% off select sticks for those sticks online though; so even if they're $119, you could potentially get 2 for $180...maybe even $160 in store with a $20 off $100 team assist coupon.

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/shop-by-sport/hockey/hockey-sticks/composite-one-piece/product/easton-synergy-htx-hockey-stick-flex-100-e28-331917548.html

The Warrior QR1 SE for $139 also mentions the buy one get one for 50% off deal on the product page: https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/equipment/hockey/hockey-sticks/composite-one-piece/senior-composite-one-piece/product/warrior-covert-qr1-se-grip-hockey-stick-332032593.html. I don't know what the difference is between the regular QR1 and the SE is besides the paint job though (the description seems to indicate the features are the same as a regular QR1, but only the W88 and W03 curves are available online).

The CCM Speedburner is $139, but does not list the buy one get one 50% off on select sticks on the product page: https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/shop-by-sport/hockey/hockey-sticks/composite-one-piece/product/ccm-rbz-speedburner-grip-hockey-stick-p29-75-331867061.html

I believe CCM and Bauer elite sticks are excluded from the 2nd stick for 50% off promo. When you click on the offer on the Warrior and Easton product pages the fine print mentions the offer is good until 11:59pm on Feb 14, but excludes CCM and Bauer Elite sticks. So if you're willing to buy two sticks then the best deal would be on either the Easton HTX or Warrior QR1SE (or you could grab one of each). The HTX is a mid-kick point stick and the QR1 is a low kick stick. I have no experience with the HTX (although did read about some blade durability issues in some online reviews), but really like the Warrior QR Pro I own.

If you want to go with a newer model Warrior with more curve options then Hockey Supremacy has the QRL Pro for $149: https://hockeysupremacy.com/en/liquidation/sticks/warrior-covert-qrlpro-stick.html

They're in Montreal, but I've ordered from them twice in the past and they ship extremely quickly. They ship via FedEx and shipping is free for orders over $149. On one order I received the OG Mako skates the day after I ordered them (but I ordered in the early afternoon). The other shipment was delayed because the specific curve and flex I wanted went out of stock, however; they did keep me updated on the status, credited me with some extra loyalty points for the delay and shipped the stick as soon as it came in.

Thank you for the response Althoma, ended up getting two HTXs at Yorkdale, $120 per stick but second one was 50% off - they have basically every composite stick 50% off EXCEPT the high end ones that are not on sale and going for 300$+.

Ended up going back to Sportscheck, when I called they said they had no sales yet their website had the Warrior you mentioned, plus Bauer X1 I believe and N9000s. Picked up two N9000's for 100$ each, sale ends this week though !!!!

On 10/11/2017 at 8:59 PM, titan1234 said:

Suggest checking Sportchek for availability on the Warrior Super Dolomite (Senior only) for $150, reg. $320 - these are repainted QRL's. 

I'm super excited as been waiting for this or the QRL to go on sale since the Alpha was announced. 

Quick question and this may not be the right place to post this.

I play wing and not really a stick handler. More just a shooter and passer. I have always got my sticks cut chin height with skates on. While waiting for the Warriors to go on sale, I picked up an Easton V9E. For some reason, I didn't get it cut and it was at around my nose. The thing is, the puck was flying off the stick. After a few weeks I got it cut to chin and the shots weren't as hard nor were they getting up as high.

Seems pretty obvious, but once I get the Super Dolomite, I guess I should cut to chin? Is there any part of my game on the wing that would possibly be affected negatively?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,