Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canqingz

need stick recommendations

Hi guys

Need recommendations on sticks with LONG LASTING POP.(under 160$)

Thanks!

Back ground:

I play once a week. I almost never break sticks,I just don't like using the sticks when they lose their pop...

Flex point, kick point, balance and etc, I don't really feel the difference. All that I want is a stick with good and long lasting pop:)

I loved everyone of my sticks when(and only when) they were new and had good pop, namely NXG, dt1*2, rbz stage 2*3 and t90.

Don't know where you're located, but last year's RBZ Superfast are on sale from a lot of retailers right now. In terms of stick blades, best pop from what I've used in the last while, which is QRL, Ribcore, Tacks, Graf,  and of course RBZ, all mid to high end models. Can't tell you how long the pop will last though. I've had my Superfast for about four months, but I have a collection of sticks I rotate through depending on how I feel.  

I think if you go with any high end stick from the last couple of years you're going to get good pop. Blade stiffness and kick points seem to be the hot topics among OEM's. For $160 i think your options are pretty wide open, I've been living on SidelineSwap lately and have picked up a couple of new high end twigs for well under your price point.  

On my hit list: Tacks / Ultra Tacks, 1N, QRL. 

I need help with a stick recommendation, I had a stock pile of nexus 1000's probably my favorite stick since the one95 but anyway I broke my last one during a faceoff last night. What out there currently is on par with that stick? I see last yrs 1n's on sale right now, has anyone used that as well as the 1000? 

You can find the Xcore 9's and A6.0/5.2's on sale right now. The Xcore 9 has great pop and the stick and blade will last a long time. The new Xcore9 ACF is coming in March so the prices are dropping on that stick, plus any of the deals the sites might be running along with it. Also, I think the HD1's are going on sale too because the Alpha QX line is coming out this spring. 

1 hour ago, darkhors said:

You can find the Xcore 9's and A6.0/5.2's on sale right now. The Xcore 9 has great pop and the stick and blade will last a long time. The new Xcore9 ACF is coming in March so the prices are dropping on that stick, plus any of the deals the sites might be running along with it. Also, I think the HD1's are going on sale too because the Alpha QX line is coming out this spring. 

Check out the True Xcore 9 at Hockey Monkey.  They just reduced prices down to 200 from 300 like everyone else, BUT their presidents weekend code still worked as of last night, dropping the price to 157 including shipping.

There are a bunch of good stick deals. If you are a Bauer guy the 1s is on sale currently for $199. I loved the Mx3 and NXG and will probably be getting the 1S during the next price drop. (usually the pm9 curve is one of the last curves to sell out).