Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

proth0303

Warrior protective gear reviews?

With the exception of the gloves, I'm having a hard time finding reviews of the Warrior protective equipment (pants, shoulder pads, elbow pads, shin guards, and helmets).  I was most interested in the gloves due to the liner (hopefully not stinking) and rave performance reviews but was interested in the other protective gear as well.  While my current gear isn't very old and despite drying immediately in a Rocket Dryer and washing frequently, I can already start to smell my equipment.  It's not that bad and I'm still testing magic potions but I'm wondering if the liners on the Warrior equipment is as effective as it sounds, while at the same time performing well?  

I really like the equipment review section of MSH but Warrior seems absent on several fronts...

I have Warrior QR Pro gloves and AXLT shoulder pads. I love them both, and the Polygiene liner works really well. My shoulder pads never smell bad, and they're really protective. The kidney/rib protection seemed better than other brands. I still wash my gloves every couple of games, but they normally don't smell bad.

I keep my gear in the basement almost year round unless it's the summer and I throw it on the deck to dry. I run a dehumidifier in my basement and it helps dry my gear faster and has kept it all pretty fresh. My TotalOne gloves only have the slightest funk from leaving them in the car once and not drying them properly.

The warrior pants are wicked comfy and protective.  I have a pair of the pants and can't see myself going to anything else.  Their girdles are money too.  Almost standard pant style legs (loose) and super protective.

I have AX1 shoulders and AK27 gloves. Both are pretty stink free after a year and a half of use, though only about 1-2 times per week. I really appreciate the fit and protection of both. The AX1's are noticeably heavier than APX2 shoulders, but they move so well I don't feel them on the ice.

I've got some older Warrior Franchise Elbow Pads & love them - light, mobile, the straps hold them in place well & I like the 3-piece construction (I will more than likely have to do some strap repair as they are getting a bit stretched out & torn & some of the stitching is beginning to loosen on one pad where the protective elbow cap is attached to the pad itself).

I also use the Warrior AXLT Shoulder Pads - another great buy, light, dries quickly, lower profile than my old Nike Bauer Vapor XXVs, & the 2-Timer strap system really allows you to customize the fit.

My Warrior Luxe gloves are my favorite pair & I play with 2 Warrior sticks (A prostock Dolomite & a Covert DTLT3).

I have the axlt shin pads.  I would not  even use low level beer league or stick and shoots.  They have be reserved for pick up ball hockey only.  I don't find them protective at all.  Even a decent shot with a ball stings in them.  Shortly after receiving them, bought them on clearance, I had to upgrade to Easton synergy 80 shin guards for some protection.  No local shops here so picked both up on line at about the same price.  That is the only piece of equipment that I have had with the warrior name on it. 

2 hours ago, goalieman39 said:

The warrior pants are wicked comfy and protective.  I have a pair of the pants and can't see myself going to anything else.  Their girdles are money too.  Almost standard pant style legs (loose) and super protective.

Which pants do you have?  These would be next on my list to buy after the gloves.  

I've got the Warrior Dynasty Girdle which I love. Great mobility and protection and the kidney uppers feel like pants. I wasn't really a fan of either the Bauer (materials always stretched out) or the 9k (fit was too sloppy), the Dynasty is a great in between of a girdle that fits like pants. Also use their Dynasty shin pads, I;m on my second pair as a matter of fact and even got another pair off ebay because the price was right. I prefer how they taper towards the bottom and they're not as bulky as other top end models. Also whatever Warrior does to the liners, they really don't smell. I've also owner their elbow pads but they were too big so I can't give an accurate rundown on those. Also owned a helmet but again too big for me so I can't comment. The helmets do seem to run big size wise, that would be my only warning.

I own wayyyyyyy too many pairs of Warrior gloves, I think they're the greatest and won't use anything else. I am biased in this department. Buy a pair of warrior gloves and you will never ever use another pair of gloves. Money back guarantee! (might want to clarify that with @Miseaujeu first actually. But if they're pro stock I'll probably buy them off you if you don't like them)

We'll make sure to get in some more protective LTRs with Warrior this year.

However, people have to understand that your user-submitted reviews determine whether or not you get picked for a LTR.

18 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

However, people have to understand that your user-submitted reviews determine whether or not you get picked for a LTR.

Fantastic!

I assumed that with me being a newbie my reviews would not come with much merit; however, I already have opinions on a lot of stuff... ;)

It also sounds like I'm on par given that in less than 3 months I already have 4 sticks, on my second helmet, went through a few insoles, ready to buy another set of gloves, etc, etc... lol

Howdy,

5 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Most of my stuff is either older clearance higher level stuff or newer mid range stuff.  I'd always assumed that nobody would care about a user review for that, particularly from a relatively newbie.  Easton Pro 15 pants, Reebok 11k elbows, CCM Res 300 helmet, CCM tacks 6052 shins, Bauer Supreme One.8 gloves, True A4.5 sticks, etc.

If that's not the case, I could do some, just let me know.  Maybe there's a burning need to get the opinions of folks that don't know any better.  :-)

Mark

11 hours ago, proth0303 said:

Fantastic!

I assumed that with me being a newbie my reviews would not come with much merit; however, I already have opinions on a lot of stuff... ;)

It also sounds like I'm on par given that in less than 3 months I already have 4 sticks, on my second helmet, went through a few insoles, ready to buy another set of gloves, etc, etc... lol

A newbies review may not hold a ton of weight with guys who have been playing their whole lives, but it would certainly hold a lot of weight with other newbies! All reviews are therefore both useful and welcome!

11 hours ago, proth0303 said:

Fantastic!

Do people run through gear that fast? I've kept my Mission pants for five years, gloves for three.

45 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

Do people run through gear that fast? I've kept my Mission pants for five years, gloves for three.

The people on a gear whoring site? Yes, definitely they do! Haha

9 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

I'm not exactly running through gear (wearing stuff out), rather I'm finding out what works and doesn't work for me.  The different insoles were trying to get my skates to be more comfortable, the helmets was also a comfort thing, and the multiple sticks includes a ABS stick for home, a backup stick, and curiosity of testing different flex and curves. :)

I'm currently using Dynasty AX1 gloves and Franchise pants. I love them and no they never stink, but I will say the yellow inside shows dirt quicker than other equipment I've used. It's not very visible once on, but I'll sometimes look in them as I'm getting dressed and think "Damn I'm funky."

On 2/22/2017 at 10:07 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

I'd like to start building my review portfolio. I recently bought a CCM 3DS and would like to report on my experience with it. Should I append my review to JoeyJ0506's current post in the review section? (Pending approval of course) Or will I need to start my own tab?

2 hours ago, NiCnoK said:

I'd like to start building my review portfolio. I recently bought a CCM 3DS and would like to report on my experience with it. Should I append my review to JoeyJ0506's current post in the review section? (Pending approval of course) Or will I need to start my own tab?

Yes, post your review in the existing thread, thank you.

I've also got  QR Pro gloves since December and so far so good. I'm not a big sweater/stinker, but the liner and palm feel a lot better than my Reebok's or honestly any other gloves I've ever owned.

I got Dynasty HD1 elbows. mini-review:

The materials seem to be top notch. Protection is perfect. Lightweight and mobility is ok.

The fit is somehow off for me. I wanted HD Pro, but found the large just huge and medium's somehow ill fitting. HD1 felt better in the store, but aren't really doing it for me on the ice. Maybe if you wear a long sleeve undershirt they'd feel better? I'd also longer forearm protection... in summary: couldn't Warrior just copy the old Jofa/RBK design, add their liner and the flex strap?