Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sidorov96

CCM JetSpeed vs Bauer Supreme

Hey All,

I've currently got a pair of Bauer Vapor skates that I find are too narrow in the fore foot/toe box and it pinches my toes and fore foot, and make these skates extremely uncomfortable for me.

I'm looking at trading in my Vapor's for some CCM Jetspeed's or Bauer Supreme's. I'm leaning a tad more to the CCM's. But I'm curious to know how the fit of the Jetspeeds compare to that of the Supreme's. Or more specifically, how do they compare to the Vapor's? Are they wider in the fore foot and toe box?

I've worn all 3.  The Jetspeed is wider in the forefoot than Vapor, and has the most volume of the 3.  If Vapors fit you well other than the forefoot, I think you'd like the Jetspeed. 

Before I bought mt Jetspeeds I tried on some Vapors, I found the Vapors a bit more narrow, but not much of a difference. Jetspeed was narrower at the heel while the Vapor was narrower midfoot. Not very noticeable though.  

Like others here, I have skated extensively in all 3. If Vapours fit you in the heel you don't really want to be moving to Supremes (wider heel pocket). If volume, heel and the overall condition of the skates are ok then consider getting the skates stretched (as long as they are a moldable model). Any half decent LHS can do it or I can tell you how to do it yourself with about $20 of tools. If you are looking at moving on from the Vapours then Jetspeeds will give you slightly more room in the forefoot area. I'd also try on Supertacks. If you have high end Vapours, the Jetspeeds are not as stiff thru the rear quarter.

And you have to go down 1/2 a size: 6 Vapour = 5.5 Jetspeed

I have MX3 size 8D and JetSpeed's 7.5D.  I have an E width foot mostly because the middle of my foot bulges out, and JetSpeed fit the best for me.  They are also not as stiff as the MX3's which I prefer.  Supremes have always seemed like a narrow skate for me since the Original TotalOne, Nexus fit me the best out of all the bauer skate lines.  Hope this helps.

Edit: JetSpeed have molded to me feet better than MX3's also

Got my new jetspeeds, I was flying out there! The heel lock is unreal.... the only problem is I was having pain on the inside of my foot near the arches, I have flat feet and wide feet I ordered a 8.5EE. Do you guys think this is due to breaking them in or do you guys think that I need to get them punched? I baked them and used them in my game (only wore them once so far) I had red marks on both sides of my feet. I am using low arch CCM insoles that I used in my MX3 skates as well. 

38 minutes ago, brandonthequick said:

Got my new jetspeeds, I was flying out there! The heel lock is unreal.... the only problem is I was having pain on the inside of my foot near the arches, I have flat feet and wide feet I ordered a 8.5EE. Do you guys think this is due to breaking them in or do you guys think that I need to get them punched? I baked them and used them in my game (only wore them once so far) I had red marks on both sides of my feet. I am using low arch CCM insoles that I used in my MX3 skates as well. 

If the pain isn't too bad, I'd suggest 3 or 4 more skates, then another bake, and an additional 3 or 4 skates.  If they still hurt, then consider a punch.

When I first got my Jetspeeds, I had some minor pain/numbness on the inside of both feet, right where my heel meets my arch.  It ended up being from the tight heel lock, and loosened up (still great heel lock) after about 6 or 7 games. I also found going back to the stock insole gave a bit of relief. 

Went from Vapors to JetSpeed's. My old vapors fit pretty well. They lasted a lot longer than most of my skates and I think the volume started giving me problems as the tongue started to break down over time. I was having some bad pain from lace bite and when I tried the new Vapors, it fit OK but gave me some pain since I didn't really recover 100% at the time. The JetSpeed fit me pretty well all around and didn't cause me the same pain as the Vapors. I had some pain in my foot around the arch too. Fortunately baking took most of the pain away. A few more games broke it in and I don't feel a thing anymore. So far the fit is better for my foot than my old Vapors. But I'm not sure how long they'll hold up. I'll take a shorter life rather than the pain and numbness I was feeling.

11 hours ago, brandonthequick said:

If after skating some more they still hurt I'd also consider looking at arch specific footbeds.  The ones that CCM sells are nice and kind of delete the arch in the skate and put in the one that you need.  I personally wear the lows and they are super comfortable.

4 hours ago, goalieman39 said:

If after skating some more they still hurt I'd also consider looking at arch specific footbeds.  The ones that CCM sells are nice and kind of delete the arch in the skate and put in the one that you need.  I personally wear the lows and they are super comfortable.

I have the low CCM insoles in.....the pain was above my foot arch...near the middle of my foot on the inside of it. 

I came from Vapors and Supremes to the Jetspeeds

I have pain in the similar location as you. Ill bake them and punch them, as previously mentioned as well, and Im sure they will be fine. I really like them so far !