Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
hollowicked

CCM Ribcor Trigger ASY

CCM Ribcor Trigger ASY 
P29 
85 Flex
Grip

I was in the market for for a new stick and decided to jump back into the low kick stick game after spending a few years playing mid kicks. I am naturally a forward so the quick release I figured would be more beneficially then the extra power gained. After all I don't get many chances or opportunities to wind up and crack a slapper mid game playing forward. I have previously used the Warrior qr1 and CCM ribcor 40k which were 2 of the low kick sticks I really enjoyed.

Blade/Feel: I really enjoyed the blade on this stick. I recall the previous 40k had a "pingy" blade with not a lot of feel and this stick was a big step up from that. The blade claims to have a stiffer toe and softer mid/heel and I would say I noticed that. Accepting passes near the heel I could tell where the puck was at all time and never had the puck hit the blade and go shooting off. The stiff toe was great for leaning into my shots and firing off with accuracy and not opening up. The blade is still a little lively but to me that is a plus not a minus. 
9/10

Shaft/Flex: When it comes to the shaft this is really the bread and butter for the Ribcor line and this stick does not disappoint. LIke the previous ribcor this stick features the concave lower shaft instead of the original "ribbed" technology. The shaft feels great in the in terms of sizing with a slightly rounder/concaved profile then that of say the rbz line. The stick was extremely easy to flex and release which made it an absolute joy to shoot. My one complaint with this shaft and all CCM sticks is the grip. I am more of a fan of a matte grip or no grip at all over the tacky grip which to me CCM seems to have. That is all personal preference though so cant hit them too bad for that.
9.5/10

Weight:  The Trigger comes in around 420 grams which in my opinion is the perfect weight range for a stick 410-430. This stick feels very well balanced to make it feel lighter then it even is. This appears to be a big improvement over the previous 40K I used. The great balance made the stick a joy to stick handle with and know where the puck was on the blade.
9/10

Shooting: WOW this stick can shoot. CCM claims they spent a lot of time with the R&D dept to tune the "Moment of Release" and produce the quickest releasing stick on the market. While this may be true or marketing I am not sure, one thing I know this stick shoots extremely well. I found it a pleasure to fire pucks in stride and loading was basically effortless. The combination of preloaded shaft and stiff toe on the blade made my shots go exactly where I wanted and very quickly. The shots came off clean and crisp. I took minimal slap shots and while they were no on par with say the RBZ they still felt solid. Again this stick's main purpose was that quick snap/wrist shot to pick corners. The pop has been just amazing from day 1 to currently which is about 2 months in. 
10/10

Durability: I have ready online some mixed reviews when it comes to durability of these sticks and I can honestly say I have not experienced any of those issues. I have been using this stick about 2-3 times a week over 2 months and it has held up great. The blade is still fully intact with no issues outside of the normal hacks from faceoffs. I am very satisfied to this point.
9/10

Verdict: I love this stick and have enjoyed it on the ice in actual game situations tremendously. Sure there are sticks that have better puck feel and ones that can fire slappers with more power but as a total package in playing situations I found it very hard to beat. Shooting was a pleasure and durability has been there for me. While the price tags of these high end sticks can be hard to swallow to time I can honestly say I would not have any issues in purchasing another.
9.5/10

• Like 1

CCM Ribcor Trigger ASY

75 flex

P28 & custom toe curve

Grip

Time used: 6 months

• About me

36 years old, pure recreational sniper. I love to get my shots off as quickly and unpredictably as possible and I've always preferred lower flex low kick sticks with toe curves. I'm easy on my sticks and take care of them.

• Looks

The Trigger is a very clean looking stick. Black base with a white CCM logo on the lower part transforms into a green transparency on the handle to show the carbon texture.

• Blade

One of my favorite things about this stick. It's got a nice soft feel which makes it very easy to catch passes with and helps with puck handling but at the same time it's stiff enough to get that really good pop for snap shots. As you'd expect from a top end stick the blade doesn't open up and shooting is extremely consistent.

• Shaft

The Ribcor series has a traditional, square shaft shape - another spec I prefer. It has a great, tacky grip with some texture that helps a lot with shooting. Flex feels true and it's easy to load. The lower part obviously has the concave shape with the pre-loaded fiber tech.

• Weight

While it's not the lightest stick on the market, it's extremely well balanced and close enough to the other top of the line sticks.

• Shooting

Here's where the stick really excels. It's very easy to get a good, accurate shot with the Trigger; great pop and kick with every kind of shot even with minimum effort. I rarely take slap shots but it works fine for them too. It suits my playing style perfectly.

• Durability

So far the stick has held up perfectly. Like I said I'm easy on my sticks but there will always be some slashing and hacking involved. Haven't noticed any deterioration in performance either, shots are as hot as on the first time I used it. Blade is crisp without cracks or splits.

• Overall

The Trigger has stolen my heart. It's got everything I look for in a stick from the square shaft shape to the tacky grip and soft feeling blade. It's very consistent and easy to shoot with, feels balanced and light and I feel it just makes me a better player overall.

osS1QQM.jpg

jRFNwBd.jpg

The blade has held up very well with only some minor surface scratches.

Gbe0Qa9.jpg

Hosel has a couple of inevitable dings, but only on the finish.

I25Ltkx.jpg

Grip has actually started to wear off after all the use.