Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shutthepuckup

Comps for Coffey curve

Played my best beer league hockey with on old Sherwood 5030 with the Coffey curve. That curve is kinda hard to find in a decent price range for a OPS. I started playing with the P88 curve. It's close, but not the same. Been thinking about trying the P28 curve. Just looking for some reviews/experiences with both curves and any suggestions on curves that are close to the Coffey curve. 

7 hours ago, shutthepuckup said:

Played my best beer league hockey with on old Sherwood 5030 with the Coffey curve. That curve is kinda hard to find in a decent price range for a OPS. I started playing with the P88 curve. It's close, but not the same. Been thinking about trying the P28 curve. Just looking for some reviews/experiences with both curves and any suggestions on curves that are close to the Coffey curve. 

CCM's P46 is the same type of curve, as is the W71 from Warrior. Tthe PP77 still exists.

1 hour ago, Jamarquan said:

CCM's P46 is the same type of curve, as is the W71 from Warrior. Tthe PP77 still exists.

I do not know much about the P46, but the W71 is definitely not the PP77. The PP77 is shorter and taller, and more of a mid. 

There really isn't anything on the market that's close to the old Coffey, other than the PP77.  the Coffey is a 3/4" banana with a square, asymmetrical toe.  Other than Sherwood's PP77, the closest blade shape is the P38 Datsyuk, while the closest curve is the P46 Bergeron. 

While their isn't any real Coffey clones, there are a good deal of patterns that are close enough. Really all you are looking for is a deep mid curve with a slightly open face.

Or you could just buy a Sher-Wood. The T90 is very reasonably priced.

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

I do not know much about the P46, but the W71 is definitely not the PP77. The PP77 is shorter and taller, and more of a mid. 

Ok - I was going more by depth.

Frontier also has a Coffey, but their sticks are hard to find. It's more like Montreal's old Coffey (P.C.) that was more continuous in the curve and a slightly rounded out toe. Frontier's version is a bit toned down in the curve, not a crazy banana mid like some Coffey woodies were. If I can find it in my basement I could post some pictures. I completely forgot about it.