Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

2017 Warrior replacement blades

It's that time of year again for me, when the Warrior replacement blades I like are impossible to find in stores or online.  I was using the RH HD1 Kovalchuk  and Zetterberg patterns but now they are gone.  I noticed that Warrior is now offering a "pro" tapered blade, but they aren't what I am looking for.  Does anyone know if there are plans to have a retail line for 2017 like they usually have?

19 hours ago, Fletch said:

It's that time of year again for me, when the Warrior replacement blades I like are impossible to find in stores or online.  I was using the RH HD1 Kovalchuk  and Zetterberg patterns but now they are gone.  I noticed that Warrior is now offering a "pro" tapered blade, but they aren't what I am looking for.  Does anyone know if there are plans to have a retail line for 2017 like they usually have?

Replacement Blade and Shaft business is going the way of the Dodo.

We will be offering the "Pro Tapered", "Pro Standard" and "Elite Standard" blades for 2017.  

No new shaft products.

Patterns - W08, W28, W02, W05, W03 and W88 for each model.

Caveat - not many dealers still carry them in-stock, so keep your eyes peeled.

I guess I should finally pull the trigger on that quiver of clearance HD1 shafts I've been eyeing. Maybe it's mental but puck feel for me has always ranked:

2 piece > fused construction >true 1 construction 

I knew this would happen eventually... it's tough to shell out $250 for a new stick that some dick is gonna break on day 31.  I get mad enough when I see a chunk of composite missing from a blade after just a couple times on the ice, I imagine I will be ecstatic when I see it happen to a stick that I spent $$$ on.  

So when replacement blades and shafts are nonexistent, can we at least expect to see 60 day warranties on sticks at high price points?  Yeah, right 🙄.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I knew this would happen eventually... it's tough to shell out $250 for a new stick that some dick is gonna break on day 31.  I get mad enough when I see a chunk of composite missing from a blade after just a couple times on the ice, I imagine I will be ecstatic when I see it happen to a stick that I spent $$$ on.  

So when replacement blades and shafts are nonexistent, can we at least expect to see 60 day warranties on sticks at high price points?  Yeah, right 🙄.

CCM has a 60 day warranty on the RBZ Revolution. 

Edit: That may have been a limited time promo.  I'm still trying to confirm. I know the display at one of the big box stores still says 60 days. 

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

just buy clearance sticks like i do. i rarely pay over $100 per stick and always get great ones

49 minutes ago, boo10 said:

CCM has a 60 day warranty on the RBZ Revolution. 

Edit: That may have been a limited time promo.  I'm still trying to confirm. I know the display at one of the big box stores still says 60 days. 

Lol they need it - those blades break really easily.

37 minutes ago, asgoodasdead said:

just buy clearance sticks like i do. i rarely pay over $100 per stick and always get great ones

This seems to be the way to go. Also good for trying out less popular curves.

1 hour ago, asgoodasdead said:

I made this change about four months ago when Harrow told me they were no longer going to be making blades. Got the CCM RBZ from last year for $120. 

Just to enlighten those who love the Clearance stick thing...you will start seeing less of clearance sticks out there.  "Big OEM" is making it so that inventory levels are shrinking and with that you will see less "Clearance sticks" unless its the curve you really don't want to play.  I see warrior is gonna sell the W28...but wonder why not the W71???

I know that warrior does not show blades in the stick customizer...and I have never heard if one can order custom blades based on the patterns in the customizer...anyone know?

Has anyone seen the tapered W28 floating around yet? Scarcity aside nice to finally see this pattern in blade form to give it a go without dropping a ton of money. 

Base is the easy answer here. Their blades are decent (very solid, ok weight and feel) and they have a lot of patterns to choose from comparatively. 

4 hours ago, innotastic said:

i believe the true tc4 is a clone of the e28 curve?

http://www.thehockeyshop.com/rbc-true-a-60-sbp-sr-tap-a60sbpcrbsrt.html

TC4's a bit different. Radiused heel like on the PM9 and I think more of a true mid-curve as well, but it's been a while since I've seen it. Not sure the lie is the same, but it's close to the E28.

Not to derail the topic- but the True tapered blades seem to have delamination and lost pop issues in my experience. 

22 minutes ago, Cavs019 said:

Not to derail the topic- but the True tapered blades seem to have delamination and lost pop issues in my experience. 

I haven't had durability issues, but at some point they changed from short hosel standard blades, to long hosel. Catalogues aren't working at the moment, so I can't research. Just be cautious if ordering

On 5/9/2017 at 2:52 PM, Cavs019 said:

I guess I should finally pull the trigger on that quiver of clearance HD1 shafts I've been eyeing. Maybe it's mental but puck feel for me has always ranked:

2 piece > fused construction >true 1 construction 

just to note...the HD1 Shaft is shorter than the previous version Warrior shaft (AX1T) by like 3 inches....I bought 2 and sent them back.  That says something I was willing to spend a good chunk of change to not stay with them because of this shortage.  May just be me...But I did not want to extend them.  If warrior wants to know why they may not have sold well....That may be the cause.

2 hours ago, hawkeyfan said:

just to note...the HD1 Shaft is shorter than the previous version Warrior shaft (AX1T) by like 3 inches....I bought 2 and sent them back.  That says something I was willing to spend a good chunk of change to not stay with them because of this shortage.  May just be me...But I did not want to extend them.  If warrior wants to know why they may not have sold well....That may be the cause.

You can always extend them...

5 hours ago, hawkeyfan said:

The shafts being shorter is far from the reason why sales of two piece combos have dried up. 

People are misled with the "one piece" perform better.  A whole new crop of young players only know hockey sticks as being one piece.  They'll never know the advantages of a 2 piece.

21 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

People are misled with the "one piece" perform better.  A whole new crop of young players only know hockey sticks as being one piece.  They'll never know the advantages of a 2 piece.

I am one of those players. 

9 hours ago, roadrunner said:

Jedi Marketing Trick.