Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shooter27

Roustan Capital Acquires Torspo and Christian

good to know...It seemed you saw a bunch of goalies playing the sticks which wood make sense, since most skaters play composite sticks today.

I guess the bigger question would be...Is Heritage still producing sticks?

I oversaw our associations learn to play program and geetting wood straight blades is tough these days

On 5/9/2017 at 10:49 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

Fixed that for you.

Easton OEMd them for Christian first.

Fair enough - I just remember that the Easton shafts were flat with no texture, and didn't seem to contort when used. They'd break but they wouldn't so easily bend and stay bent.

The Christian shafts on the other hand were almost like a slightly bumpy texture and seemed to be a softer less brittle aluminum than the early Easton models. I wouldn't have guessed they were made by the same company. 

Plenty of old Easton aluminum shaft pics online still, but I can't find any of the Christian shafts I remember (the blue/red/white ones). Anyone got a pic? 

4 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

No, TH made sticks through Heritage and used the Christian name under license. 

Same with Titan 

The 1 year i played in goal (1993ish) I used a Christian Curtis curve stick that was the only goal stick in our local sporting goods store. 

8 hours ago, colins said:

Plenty of old Easton aluminum shaft pics online still, but I can't find any of the Christian shafts I remember (the blue/red/white ones). Anyone got a pic? 

Don't remember the red/white/blue ones, but here's Mark Howe using an orange one

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/sports-products/autographed-mark-howe-8x10-philadelphia-flyers-photo.html

1 hour ago, DarkStar50 said:

Next on his radar: Victoriaville sticks and Orbit skates.

I'd buy a Vic 4050 again, what a great stick...  I had a number of white ones with black painted blades back in the early 90's.

4 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

illegal use of historical brands - Victoriaville is owned by FGL and the CTC family of retail banners

3 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I'd buy a Vic 4050 again, what a great stick...  I had a number of white ones with black painted blades back in the early 90's.

Those were great twigs! It was like anyone who played out of the Rinx used those twigs. 

1 hour ago, the_game said:

Those were great twigs! It was like anyone who played out of the Rinx used those twigs. 

I grew up playing at Newbridge and LI Skating Academy... back when Syosset Sports was still around (and supplying the Islanders) and they always had the best selection of sticks.

At some point around 93/94 Christian had a preachy "winners don't use drugs" or something like that on some of their sticks. 

I wondered if they were actually a Christian company, and proselytized  on all of their stuff. 

13 minutes ago, start_today said:

At some point around 93/94 Christian had a preachy "winners don't use drugs" or something like that on some of their sticks. 

I wondered if they were actually a Christian company, and proselytized  on all of their stuff. 

I believe it was D.A.R.E.

10 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I grew up playing at Newbridge and LI Skating Academy... back when Syosset Sports was still around (and supplying the Islanders) and they always had the best selection of sticks.

Totally forgot about syosset even though I skated there every week (at least) in high school.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:12 AM, PMurphy17 said:

illegal use of historical brands - Victoriaville is owned by FGL and the CTC family of retail banners

My frkn internet sarcasm font failed again. Dammit.

On 5/12/2017 at 8:21 AM, DarkStar50 said:

Victoriaville Custom with 21 ply shaft and the original Banana/Euro curve blade.

.....and two Bobby Orr sticks.

Orr-game-stick-1024x530.jpg

What pro stock code is stamped on these? If I order Orr's specs I'll be able to play like him, right?! :biggrin:

On 5/12/2017 at 1:06 PM, xstartxtodayx said:

Still have a shop there rink by Islanders Iceworks and thy also have the location at Northwell (Eisenhower Park) but I'd say the selection is less than impressive these days.

On 5/12/2017 at 6:39 AM, DarkStar50 said:

Add Orbit to the list of brands I lusted over as a kid. Wish someone would bring the name back. The swag alone would be worth it.

^^ Second highest scorer during the 80s, after 99 of course. Orbit skates, Vic stick, Jofa helmet & gloves. All-Universe.

After Peter Stastny retired and was living in NJ, he used to play a lot of pickup hockey. Always a gentleman, I remember one time playing with him. He passed me the puck from his blueline. I was at the red line. By the time I got moving to the attacking blueline he had passed me and I dished it off to him.  "Passing cars like they were standing still." Hot Rod Lincoln - Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen